Transfer of music, cue points, etc. between WINDOWS 11 machines

• LG Gram laptop, 12th Gen Intel Core i7-1260P 2.10 GHz, 32GB RAM, 2TB SSHD*:
  • Windows 11 Pro, 64-bit*:
  • Version of djay WINDOWS djay pro v 5.2.9923.0:
  • Hardware/controllers used Buddy and Rane Four (inconsequential to this topic):

**Due to a file system corruption caused by a recommended re-install of Microsoft’s OneDrive software, I need to back up my data to an external drive, send my laptop out for possible repair or more likely replacement, and then do a clean re-install of my apps and data on a new install of Windows 11.

In order to maintain all of my djay pro-related files, so that I can pick up where I left off and not have to create all new cue points, etc. for thousands of tracks, what folders and files do I need to copy and where within my new file structure will I need to paste my data, music files, cue points, etc. once I receive my PC back?

I see many references to do this for Mac OS, but not Windows.

I do not use iTunes or any streamed music - just good old wavs, flacs and mp3s.

I would really appreciate some help. Thanks in advance!**

Hi @TheSilverStreak, the main file you need is the djay Media Library. Everything you need is found in the Music>djay folder. For more details refer to the FAQ linked below:

@TheSilverStreak please note that the files noted in the folders above DO NOT include any of your actual music files. You will need to backup and recover these separately.

Thanks and understood about the actual music files. Speaking of which, when I try to copy them from one directory on my hard drive, say “XX” and then try to copy files to an identically named directory on my external, with some files I get an error message stating, “Are you sure you want to copy this file without its properties?”

It further says, “The file (filename) has properties that can’t be copies to the new location.

The options are “Yes,” “Skip,” and “Cancel.”

All my files are legit. Nothing from a streaming source or youtube or anything like that.

I have 1.76 TB of free space on the External and over 1 TB of free space on the internal.

I don’t know what this is - never seen it before. Any ideas?

You’re welcome @TheSilverStreak. That is a Windows thing so I can’t offer you any advice there. It’s not related to djay, so you’ll need to ask Google, chatGPT or someone from Windows support there.

Thanks again. Unfortunately, it was Windows support that led me to this predicament. Here we go…

You’re welcome @TheSilverStreak. Good luck.