Truncated recordings

Just recorded an hour long mix and found out that I only have 10 minutes in the recording. No error messages or anything during the recording. I was trying to record in WAV format and have plenty of disk space, etc. I see that this has been an occasional issue in the past but there were no resolutions to the issue. Has anyone else had this problem?

Hi @jamesmcnally1965,

Welcome to the Community Forums and sorry to hear about your experience with the recordings. So we can take a closer look, could you please tell us the following:

1. What device are you currently using?
  2. Which OS version is running on your device?
  3. Which djay version are you using?
  4. What other devices are connected to use with djay when this happens (e.g., controller, mixer, etc.)?
  5. Do the recordings get cut short every time you’re trying to record, or only occasionally? If occasionally, does it seem to happen only when performing certain actions in djay or using a certain mode to mix, or perhaps only with certain songs?

Thanks in advance for the additional information.

Thanks Emily. Here are the answers to your questions:

1. iMac Late 2013
  2. Mac OS Catalina (10.15.7)
  3. djay Pro AI (version 3.0.9)
  4. No other devices connected
  5. Last two times the recordings have truncated, once after 10 minutes, the next after around 20 minutes. I’m using the higher quality WAV setting to record, if that might make any difference.

At this point I won’t be using the feature again since I don’t discover these incomplete recordings until my entire set is finished. I do see that it was a complaint a few years back with earlier versions of the software.

Thanks for your attention!

Thanks for sharing all of the additional information. I’ve passed it along to our development team for further investigation and I’ll keep you posted here with any updates. Thanks in advance for your patience, and I hope to have some news about this soon.

Running on i7 imac, 32gb ram 3 tb hdd, Monterey. Just downloaded today to helm me do a mix without being in the studio. Did a 1 hour mix and then clicked on stop recording at 55 mins. Went to get the file and load it on to our radio stations playout system and its only 9 mins long, an hour wasted.
Whats happening , I see some others had this problem back in 2012 and up to 2020 bu the thread has been closed with no resolution. Any help would be appreciated.

hi
are you mixing mp3 only tracks ?

Hi there,
yeah just MP3, did another mix after to test again and this time out of 1 hour mix it recorded 38mins,

Cheers
Lee

Hi @leeroe,

Sorry to hear you’ve encountered this issue with the recordings getting cut short. I’ve moved your posts to this already existing thread with the same issue so we can more easily track the problem.

Thanks for sharing the information you’ve provided about your device and macOS version. Could you also please tell us the following:

1. What other devices are connected to use with djay when this happens (e.g., controller, mixer, etc.)?
  2. Do the recordings get cut short every time you’re trying to record, or only occasionally? If occasionally, does it seem to happen only when performing certain actions in djay or using a certain mode to mix, or perhaps only with certain songs?
  3. What recording format settings are you using in djay?

Thanks in advance for the additional information.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.