Unable to connect the Pioneer Ddj 400 with Djay Pro 5.1.7 in an IPad 6th gen

NOTE: Please use the search function above before posting to avoid creating duplicate topics.

• Device model (e.g. 2020 iPad Air 4th Gen):
  • Version of operating system (e.g. macOS 14.4.1):
  • Version of djay (e.g. 5.1.2):
  • Hardware/controllers used (e.g. Reloop Mixon 8 Pro):

Your question:

I use to work with the app on an iPad Pro 12 gen, in my DDJ 400, but I’m trying to connect an older IPad 6 Gen but I’m not able to connect it.
the software do not recognize the device on Hardware Mode, appearing just a few controls with light but no actions at all on the Djay app.
Could anyone bring me some tips solutions?

Hi @PatxiCanada when creating new topics, please do not forget to answer the questions in our template with specific details about your setup not just “iPad” or “Latest Version”. This helps all of our community moderators to provide the most effective support to users with the utmost efficiency. Thanks!

Device Model (ex. 2020 iPad Air 4th Gen):
Version of operating system (ex. iOS 17.3.1):
Version of djay (ex. 5.1.3):
Hardware/controllers used (ex. Reloop Ready):

1. Disconnect all cables and adapters from your iPad and DJ controller.
  2. Close djay.
  3. Perform a Forced Restart of your iPad.
  4. After restarting, connect your powered Genuine Apple Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter or Genuine Apple USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter to your iPhone.
  5. Connect your original Apple iPad charger and cable to the Adapter and confirm that your iPad is charging.
  6. Connect your DJ controller to the Adapter using a high-quality USB cable (ideally with dual ferrites on either end).
  7. Confirm that your DJ controller powers up.
  8. Launch djay.
  9. Open the djay Settings>MIDI Devices and confirm that your controller is shown under MIDI DEVICES.
  10. If not, scroll down to the bottom and press Rescan for MIDI Devices.
  11. If this doesn’t work, unplug the USB cable from your DJ controller for a second then plug it back in.
  12. If this doesn’t work, try a different USB cable.

Hi @PatxiCanada, did that solve your connection issues?

Hello! It’s been more than a week since my last reply. I’m going to consider this topic completed for now so I can focus on others. However, please feel free to respond and we can definitely revisit this. Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.