When selecting Midi Configuration in Windows, there is no way to actually edit the controller configuration. All mapping destinations are missing and there is no way to add a mapping destination.
Hey @Myalteredsoul ,
Thank you for reporting this issue here in the Community.
If djay does not detect your MIDI controller’s mappable destinations, it is helpful to see if your controller is actually sending MIDI signals to the computer.
You can do so using the free software, MIDI-Monitor , following these steps:
- Go to this website: snoize: MIDI Monitor
- Click on Download: MIDI-Monitor.
- Click on the Download link next to MIDI-Monitor to download the installer.
- Install the application.
- Connect your controller to your computer and make sure it is turned on.
- Go to Options and select MIDI Devices. In the pop-up window, you should see your controller in the MIDI Outputs panel.
- Select it and click on OK.
- Back on the main window every press/turn of a control on your MIDI device should be displayed as an incoming MIDI signal.
Please let me know whether MIDI-Monitor is showing incoming MIDI signals. Cheers!
This issue is on Windows, not MAC.
The controller works in VDJ and Serato, so it is not a midi issue.