Unacceptable Automix start behavoir.

NOTE: Please use the search function above before posting to avoid creating duplicate topics.

• Device model: iPhone 15 Pro Max MU793ZD/A / iPad 8
  • Version of operating system: 17.4.1
  • Version of djay: 5.1.4
  • Hardware/controllers used:

Summary of the issue:

Starting automix with crossfader in the middle or no up next song selected brutally stops the active playing deck and loads a new song.

How to reproduce the issue:

See movie

I’m not sure I understand the problem. The track that plays when you start automix is the one which you have already loaded (on the left deck). The first track from the automix list is ready to play after the loaded one.

Also, if you start automix, then automix will start. What were you expecting to happen?

Thanks for the reply, the automix behavior is pretty unpredicatable. If the crossfader is being placed to the deck playing, pressing automix wait’s for the song to near the end and then does the automix. If there’s no song in the up next section pressing automix immediately mixes the song.

I hope it’s clear. Perhaps this is not a bug but a feature. I do read on some places that enabling auto mix causes more stress some now and then.

Thanks for sharing this @Dutchie. I’ll forward it to the engineering team to see what they think. In the meantime, my personal workflow when starting Automix is to load the same song into both decks before starting Automix.

Hi @Dutchie, I spoke with the team and this is what they had to say:

1. The issue occurs if the crossfader is not completely moved to Deck 1 or 2.
  2. This appears to be related to our logic of defining which deck is active and which one is not.
  3. This leads to possible edge cases, like this one.
  4. We are looking into this further and will report back when we have news.

Thanks!

1 Like

I find it easier to pick a playlist, load first song.
Then that playlist will be there in the Automix window.

1 Like