Uncontrolled tempo increase / speed up

This happens very randomly… I will transition to a new track and the app will start increasing the tempo uncontrollably. The only thing I can do to stop it is to stop playback for a moment or reload the track. Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

I’ve seen this happen at the end of tracks. I suspect the grid ending sometimes throws off the sync clock.

I couldn’t reproduce it consistently though…

Does this happen with a controller or within the App itself?
Also is this an IOS. Mac or Windows issue

In my case it was on iPad. A controller was connected, but I’m pretty sure it was the app causing the issue…

I experienced this problem on Mac with no controller. And right in the middle of the track - not the end. It just started speeding up, but the tempo dial and the number didn’t change.

Hello @DJQB ,

Welcome to our Community and thanks for reporting this issue!

Just to be 100% clear on your current setup and the issue itself, could you please tell me the following:

1. What MacOS model are you currently using?

2. Which MacOS version is running on your device?

3. Which djay version are you using? (please open the djay settings and scroll down to determine the version number)

4. If possible, could you please send a video of the issue so we can take a closer look into this for you? You can share the video directly using this link.

Thanks in advance, and I look forward to hearing from you!

This still happens sometimes when you let the outgoing track run all the way to the end (maybe only when syncing decks).

DJAY changes the tempo when it can’t reach the final marker somehow (bug). I forgot to make a screenshot, but in this case there’s a bar (grid) marker that is beyond the end of the audio file. The deck status also stays active (as in playing) instead of turning off as usual when a track ends.

In other words: it looks like DJAY wants to get to that last grid position but can’t reach it because somehow the audio file ends before that last marker. This messes up the tempo when it tries to compensate to get to that unreachable point ‘in time’.

Hope this make sense. :sweat_smile:

PS: Mixon 4 / ipadOS 16.6 / DJAY 4.1.9 (or 4.1.10) - but has been going on for a while on multiple platforms.

1 Like

Just some thoughts, as this was a Tidal track; is it possible that DJAY gets file length data (in advance) from the service that doesn’t match with the actual file when it has finished loading? Or maybe loading the final frames of the file somehow timed out or got trashed?