UPDATE: djay Pro AI 4.1 Changelog

I don’t necessarily agree with John’s tone, but I feel the same way about including songs (or sample packs → create your own if you need one, etc).

It might be nice for newbies, but I very much doubt a lot of your customers really care about stuff like that.

The ‘Pro’ in the name suggests ‘Pro’ priorities. And there are a lot of good suggestions pending. Multiple for some time indeed…

1 Like

I understand John’s mood.

I think all of us are here with the intent to see this software improve with our recommendations.

Sometimes you get the feeling that Algoriddim likes to pile on features, just to see what people are up to, which sometimes risks detracting from the main goal of a DJ app.

I also wish Algoriddim wasn’t afraid to shamelessly adopt some of the features of other platforms that just “just work”.

And please redesign the interface (with this opened window can’t see info for others tracks below)

1 Like

facepalm and smh. sorry you’ve had a bad day. take a breath please.

neato things happen behind the scenes if you are nice and kind here.

I think someone like @Emily needs to reach out to you directly and find out just what specifically you are not happy with…You’ve a list for the dev team as to why this update isn’t satisfactory for you? other than the sample pack you mentioned, that is.

1 Like

Yup, also don’t agree with the tone here, at all. It’s okay to share your thoughts but please be nice, for real.

2 Likes

Why has John’s post been hidden? Yes it may come across as harsh but he speaks truth. Algoriddim are a company with a constant, monthly income from anybody using their premium software.

There’s way too much censoring online now with people scared of speaking out and causing offence so could we not bring that into here? I only joined to state my request for a pretty standard DVS feature that doesn’t exist in djay Pro (the ability to route standard vinyl audio straight through) and that hasn’t appeared in the update yet a few features that could have waited are in there.

Whilst I’d say there’s nothing wrong with saying thank you, there’s also nothing wrong with being annoyed that the service provided is not good enough for a product which I assume the majority of you are paying money for.

I see that the user deleted their posts.
It may have been the right thing to do, but I suspect they stormed off in a huff rather than civilly trying to get their issues addressed; business being transacted by professionals is usually civil, and if he couldn’t, it’s best he’s gone. It’s even better if they chose to take that negativity elsewhere of their own accord. I personally wish him well if that’s the case.
Squeaky wheels get greased, yes, but if the wheels blow up while the grease pot is being stirred, there’s naught to be done. perhaps if they have multiple issues across multiple systems for this update, why wouldn’t the user ask for methods to roll back to a previous working version of the app? yes, it takes some work, but better a rollback than a transition to another software package that surely has problems of its own.

He apologised for his tone in those replies and you would know that by spending your time reading them (still possible) instead of being self-righteous and patronising :wink:

There’s a line between being open to criticism and just ranting and offending. We need criticism! Good moderation should make sure the tone is kept civil, though. The initial post is still readable after a click (for me) and the other two have been deleted by the author themselves. I think that’s the right approach: don’t completely delete offending stuff but also clearly say what’s over the line.

if that’s the case, why did he delete his posts? genuine apologies get accepted by considerate folks.
it looked sketchy…or was that just me taking it that way?

You’re all against negativity but making comments about someone based on your feelings and assumptions. It’s so typical of society now - saying the right thing on a screen but not really meaning it. Maybe just stop judging people and move on Greg. I’m finding your replies far less pleasant than one man’s frustration-fuelled rant.

1 Like

Let’s get back to topic: I‘m also disappointed that this update didn’t bring the changes I‘m looking for and that have been mentioned repeatedly. One thing I can say about the extra songs: I guess/hope that this didn’t take much engineering resources so it’s not too controversial for me. Here’s hoping that 4.2 will bring some more features :pray:

4 Likes

I too and not the most thrilled about this update. Algoriddim, PLEASE focus on core features being right, not adding MORE “features”. In my opinion, things like ease of Midi programming, catching up on stems sound quality and “elastic beatgrids”, AND a big one for me, the cue points not snapping correctly to other synched tracks. For instance if I punch a cue point and am not close perfectly enough on time, it will play and THEN snap to match the track, making a skip in the audio. I believe I posted a video of this some time ago. I like to do open fader stabs of vocals etc. and can do so easily with Traktor but can’t rely on it with DJ Pro right now. I asked about this a long time ago, seems like a simple one and it’s still not fixed!

Also, the ability to make our own sample packs for looper and sampler. The fact we can’t is insane to me. This is what is needed by dj’s who play outside of their bedroom. The core features needed by actual dj’s that have been requested should cause everything else to drop and focus on those, in my opinion. We definitely didn’t need another music source. How about library organization improvements instead?

I want to move fully to DJ Pro Ai, but the skipping issue and the difficulty to get midi controls correct, and only 1 modifier, really prevent me from doing so. Furthermore now the other brands have one upped the sound quality of DJ Pro Ai, that needs to be addressed as I believe many, like me, are keeping their eyes on this and deciding with dollars.

This all said, one of the things that I GREATLY appreciate here with Algoriddim is their responsiveness and it does seem like they listen. I hope that they keep this up as it has been a welcome change in this industry. Cheers!

4 Likes

I guess it was just me taking it to be sketchy, then, Nick. Sorry I’m not seeing things with your eyes.

I don’t actually use these things, but I’m pretty sure you can. Maybe I misunderstand you?

the cue points not snapping correctly to other synched tracks. For instance if I punch a cue point and am not close perfectly enough on time, it will play and THEN snap to match the track, making a skip in the audio.

This sounds curious to me. Have you tried turning off sync and quabtize on both decks?

1 Like

I think Quantize causes that to happen, I always have it off unless I want to loop a track at an exact point and not the nearest down beat

This is natural for the audio to skip like that. It makes sense how it would first go to the cue point then a few milliseconds sync to the beat while the sync mode is active for that deck. It would be great if sync acts like slip mode in terms of retaining the beatgrid without drastically skipping the audio.

1 Like

Please keep the updates to voiceover as well for your visually impaired users. not sure if you guys are aware Djay pro won an award for integrating accessibility into the application. They were the first Dj software provider to get such recognition.

4 Likes

Yes. A more generous enlargement of the characters is very welcome.