USB adaptor for 2018 iPad Pro, to use with Beatpad AND external hard drive

Hi there, not sure what Anker say it’s not supported as mine works a charm on an 11 iPad Pro 2018 model as can be seen by the original pictures.

My guess is the charging issue is linked to the output wattage of your power supply.

As the iPad can charge at a maximum of 18w and the 7in1 needs 12w, so if your PS is outputting 30w that is fine.

If your power supply is only providing 20w that only leaves 8w for the iPad and it will then throw a tantrum!

Have a look at the output of your ps or order a PD compliant supply from Amazon and give that a go first. Just search PD charger and go for a 30w usb-c or above.

That way, you can check the supply issue and as it’s Amazon, if that still doesn’t work out you’ll still be able to return them both.

I’ll hook mine up again later and try it with a standard iPad ps and see what happens, will report back….my guess is the iPad ps might not be up to the job.

Drop you a line tonight with an update.

Cheers.

Cheers!
Yes I had just this second though the anker may not be getting enough wattage to power the ipad,
And yes if you could try your ipad charger & see what it throws up that would be great!

I’ve noticed on amazon pics it shows 60W going into the input, which gives 48W out!
Also I’ve remembered I have a camera USB charger block (similar to yours in your pic with your set up) so ill try that later it may be 30W But I’m not sure? (I’m back at work now)
And yes ill keep you posted!!
Screenshot_20210506-153146_Amazon Shopping|398x500

update
Hi Steve, when I left for work at 2.30pm I left the anker plugged into my iPad Pro usbc charger & it plugged into my iPad Pro it flashed up saying it was 86% charged, then it said 'not charging & no green lightning logo on the battery status (as though it wasn’t charging)
But ive just rung home & my wife’s checked it! & it still says 'not charging but when she unplugged it it says 96% charged? So it seems it IS charging?
Shes plugged it back in so i’ll check when I get home & see if its fully charged!

It’s definitely an issue with the power supply not giving the iPad enough power.
The iPad will be ‘trickle charging’, due to the low wattage and show the ‘Not charging’ message.
If the iPad isn’t actually doing anything it will charge but VERY slowly.
As soon as you start using it the power drain from the battery is greater than the trickle going in and so even though it knows there’s power there, it isn’t charging.
A 30w supply will deffo do the job for you.

Great thanks! I’ve seen a 60W usbc charger on amazon at a decent price with good reviews so ill just get that!
Cheers again :+1:

I hooked the anker up to my iPad Pro the Reloop Beatpad, along with my 6TB external hard drive via the two usb-a inputs & all works perfect! :+1:
And I’ve now ordered a 60W usbc pd charger, which arrives tomorrow! So I should be good to go then!

1 Like

All sorted now thanks!
I got this USBC USBA PD (see pic) its plugged in via the USBC PD on the charger which gives 60w solo & 42W combined with the USBA in use

We got there eventually!

Glad it’s all working for you and I could help out. :smiley:

Have fun with it!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.