Use multi processor cores

It seems my Mac only uses one core in the processor while running Djay (latest version).

Upgradimg from MacBook Pro from 2012 to 2017 does not really give extra performance. Sometimes actually even worse. The cooling fan runs pretty much always now.

Is there a guide for best possible performance on Mac?

1 Like

https://support.serato.com/hc/en-us/articles/202833544-Optimization-Guide-for-macOS This is also good.

But I was wondering if there are any Djay Pro guides for Mac.

Hi @RobustaDK,

Thanks for reaching out about this. We don’t have any djay-specific guides for optimizing your Mac, although we appreciate you bringing this up as we’ll consider adding that to our FAQs in the future.

For now, the outside tips already shared in this thread (e.g., Digital DJ Tips) are a solid place to start.

Thanks again for bringing this up, and let me know if you have any other questions.

Do you have any comments about the use cores in the processor? This is the main reason why I am looking for optimizations.

Hi @RobustaDK,

I’ve double-checked with our development team, and they’ve confirmed that djay is highly optimized to utilize multiple CPU cores, such as when analyzing your library or playing multiple songs. You can verify this by opening the Activity Monitor app on your Mac and selecting “CPU Usage” from the Window menu. There you can see the current utilization of each of your CPU cores while running djay.

I hope that helps. Have a nice day!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.