Using 2i4 Focusrite with the Ipad for DJAY-ing

How to use thescarlett 2i4 Focusrite with the Ipad for DJAY-ing in a club, is this possible and then please how to do this, setup?

Thanks!

hardware https://us.focusrite.com/usb-audio-in…

Hi
Assuming the the Scarlett is class compliant and needs no drivers to operate? You will need an Apple USB3 to lightning adapter for iPads that have lightning port or USB C media adapter for newer iPad Pro. Plug in Scarlett to USB port on adapter and you must also need to charge iPad at same time , hence the Apple adapters! If they are not charging you may get low power warnings. Open up Djay settings select audio device … either internal or external if routing to mixer for ch. 1 &2 . If using iPad to control mixer section or using midi controller choose internal.

Are you able to pre-cue with this setup?

may I ask the purpose of such a setting for djing? Maybe for adding a mic?

I think iI m missing something… where do you connect headphone for pre-cuing?
I m thinking to a setup with just an ipad pro…

And with that conmection can you pre-cue any selected track on algoriddim djay app?

Thanks

Same question…

Yep pre-cue works perfectly, can listen to tracks on my headphones before pushing them to the speakers.

Pre-cue, mic, and mixing at home on my Mac :slight_smile:
The 2i4 apparently would only support output to the balanced outputs as chan 1-2 and chan 3-4 combined, as they require stereo.
Didn’t test it, but that’s what I read, hence I went for the new 4i4.

at the front of the 2i4 or 4i4, right side down. requires 6.3mm jack.

totally.

Superb, i got the 3rd gen 4i4 instead and it works like a dream!
Maybe wanna add to your faq at least the general information about class compliant device support etc.