Using external USB sound card for pre-cueing - Windows Djay Pro

I think it should work.

Djay Pro doesn’t work when the usb soundcard is displayed as two separate outputs.

Personally, try to found the Maya44 in the second market and then buy an Audio DJ2 also the second market, the Audio has just a wonderfull output.

Cannot agree more since the audio dj 2 sounds really good with Djay pro

Every driver that i know under windows uses ASIO, every DJ software and any DVS solution under window will use ASIO.

Except Mixxx which allows MME, WASAPI, ASIO,Directsound, all others DJ software under windows uses Asio.

You don’t have a choice to use ASIO if you want to support all drivers that exist for all the controllers on the planet and external soundcards.

Please confirm that Asio implementation is planned, this is the most important feature…

IT is because the audio DJ 2 or 4 are shown as two separate soundcards… but i am surprised to see that Djay pro has not fixed that issue…

My Maya44 USB works fine with Djay Pro including pre-cueing

What mixer are you using?

Just a quick update:

After a little bit of digging on what seem to be a very limited number of relates threads, it seems that the issue is that the Windows version of the software does not provide you with the option of choosing which sound card to use as your master and your headphones. Apparently using a 4 channel mixer might get around this, so I’ve ordered one to test out. Should arrive later today so I’ll keep you posted.

Any advice from someone who has done this or knows more than my very limited knowledge would be much appreciated.

External mixer doesn’t work either. I’m at a loss. Why is there a pre-cueing button in the software if I can’t use it? What’s the point??

Numark Mixtrack 3 (no sound card)

Sorry if this is a dumb question - I’m new to all this: the mixer I bought is not USB but it’s input is a 1/4 inch audio jack. Is that why it’s not working? Does it need to be a 4 channel USB audio mixer/interface?

I’ve looked a the Maya44 and other USB audio interfaces and they seem quite steep (£100+). Would a mixer like the pro edition of the Numark Mixtrack 3 work? Or would i have the same problem with not being able to precue using Djay Pro?

I’ve emailed Algoriddim and they’ve not responded.

Hi, I opted for a Audio DJ2 but still can’t get pre-cueing to work. It looks like it’s because I can’t select the outputs for headphones and speakers in Djay (same problem as with external USB). All Djay does is split between left and right headphones, not outputs.

Frustrating!

That’s useless Lukas. How can I get a refund? I’lll buy another license once you’ve sorted your shit out.

I’m not sure whether that would do it. What I want is to listen to one of the decks via my headphones while the other plays via speakers, not listen to both simultaneously through both.

Can you provide a list of devices that work with Djay and have 4 audio channels that will allow me to pre-cue?

Useless and misleading.

I bought the multi-channel sound card you linked and it doesn’t work. I’ve plugged it in (Windows 10), set settings to use it as my only sound output (disabled all others), and can’t seem to get any sound output except through ‘front out’, which like all other attempts, outputs both pre-queue and speakers. Can you explain your setup?

Sir, you are a genius! Thank you so much! Why isn’t Algoriddim providing this assistance?!

I cant get a Denon MC2000 to work with it on 2 different devices. The minute I plug it in, Djay freezes. I’m starting to think something is wrong with audio devices in general.

Voicemeeter Banana is what you want