Using external USB sound card for pre-cueing - Windows Djay Pro

Hi,

I’m quite new to both DJing and Algoriddim’s software, but I’ve set myself up with a Numark Mixtrack 3 and Djay Pro for Windows 10. I realised that I needed an external sound card for cuing so bought myself a USB sound card which works fine on its own. My issue is that I can’t seem to figure out how to set up Djay pro (Windows) to use it for pre-cueing tracks through my headphones. I seem to only be able to set it as my main output instead of my speakers - if that makes sense?

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks.

so. just bought djay pro for windows assuming it can pre-cue. seems it can’t.

i do have two sound devices which i both can use as main output.

but i don’t see an option to set one of these for pre-cueing. why is that?

Please, can you say me if this solution will work with Kontrol S8 too?

Works for me too!!! Thank you very much!

This is super frustrating. When I read the docs it seemed like this should all work fine but it refuses to see more than one output on my Traktor Audio 2. Why even release the windows version if it cant do something as basic and fundamental as this? At this point I might need a refund and to then see about repurchasing when you have an actually usable product. So glad you spent time on things like an FX Pack Store while neglecting something so fundamental and providing misleading docs. As far as I can tell it won’t even let me use my USB audio for playback and the laptop’s built-in headphone jack for pre-cueueing.

I tried this with my Traktor Audio 2 and, while it did then present me with volume and mix controls for cueing, I couldn’t actually get it to direct any audio to the cueing audio interface. So, still completely useless.

Please explain how - when I hook up my Traktor Audio 2, DJay sends it’s main output to both pairs of channels.

Oh great, i just wasted $35 of DJ software that doesn’t queue. LOL. WTF is wrong here.

Refunds for everyone until this gets resolved. Fuck this.

I dont see my Xonar u3 and i dont see my laptops internal soundcard at the asio bridge. Is there a way to use my xonar for precuing or should i go for a refund?

Hey hey
So I brought DJay Pro for windows to work with the X Casio Xw-J1 (approved hardware on your website.)

So your website says it should be able to pre cue

“Preview and prepare the next song through headphones: By enabling djay Pro’s Split Output mode or by using an external audio interface you can cue songs through headphones independently from the mix that goes through the main speakers for live DJing.”

I was a moron and didnt do my research first … I wish I had of found this post first.

Do we have an eta when this will be update to be working?

Hey guys,

we know this is frustrating.
At the moment we can not support devices which are unsupported by our Windows Audio driver (WASAPI). The support has high priority for us and we will do our best in order to fix this as soon as possible.

We are in contact with several hardware producers to get this sorted out.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Cheers,Lukas E.

We know this is frustrating, be assured that sorting out external devices has a very high priority for us.

If you have any questions or suggestions, or if you would like further information, please don’t hesitate to contact us. 

Cheers,
Lukas E.

Hey there,

you can make every external devices, Soundcards and external Mixers work with djay by bringing the device via the VB-Audio ASIO Bridge.

Please follow these steps to bridge your device:

1. Make sure the Creators Update is installed via the following link.
  2. Download the Audio bridge via this link.
  3. Install the bridge and make sure the latest driver of your external audio device is installed.
  4. Open “Sounds” and make sure “Hi-Fi Cable Input” is displayed as Playback device.
  5. Select “Hi-Fi Cable Input” and click “Configure”.
  6. Select “Quadraphonic” as Audio Channel Speaker Setup.
  7. Click Next and Finish the Speaker Setup.
  8. Open the VB-Audio Asio Bridge and click “ASIO Device” (marked red in the following screenshot).
  9. Select your device and hit “ASIO ON”.
  10. Go to djay Pro for Windows and go to the djay menu.
  11. Click “Audio Device” and apply “Hi-Fi Cable Input (VB- Audio Hi-Fi Cable)”.
    After following these steps djay will automatically assign the channel mapping of the device and pre cueing should be possible.
    I am happy to announce you this work around and would love to get your feedback.

Cheers,Lukas E.

Hey there,

you can use external USB devices which have 4 channels so djay assigns 2 of them for the master and 2 for pre cueing.

Using your 2 channel USB soundcard and your internal headphone jack is not possible at the moment as we are unable to support aggregated devices.

Hey there,

please note that only one device can be selected at the moment.

Using your 2 channel USB soundcard and 2 channels of another USB device is not possible at the moment as we are unable to support aggregated devices.

The Channel assignment is automatic, therefore I suggest using the workaround with your 8 channel sound card as well.

Please let me know about outcome.

Cheers,Lukas E.

Please note that this thread is about external USB sound cards, not midi controllers.
The Casio Xw-J1 is natively supported, please make sure you are using the Creators update, please see:
http://help.algoriddim.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2782372-pre-cueing-does-not-work-with-my-midi…

Djay has confirmed that external audio interfaces are currently not working, same for me with my Audio DJ 2. Waiting for an update with that feature, to have the same features as on MAC.

I have the Maya 44 USB and it remains very far from the quality of the Audio DJ series which does not work on Djay pro.

It does work but don’t suspect high quality audio…