Using old CDJ1000 as a controller with CDS system

Hello, I’m wondering if I can use an old CDJ1000 with a control Signal CD (provided by rekordbox or an old Traktor CD) and DJay Pro running on IOS ?

Thanks for your help.

Your question/suggestion/feedback:

Hi @ndmind1, please note that none of the Pioneer CDJs are directly supported on iOS. None of these devices are USB Class Compliant so they are not directly compatible with iOS devices. For a complete list of natively supported devices on iOS please refer to the bottom section of this webpage (make sure you have iOS selected). Also, note that djay only supports standard timecode DVS systems that use a control tone of 1kHz.

Yes, any sound player that plays the timecode signal will accept control via Djay’s DVS, I’ve already done the test using the timecode signal playing on my cell phone and it recognized it on Djay, in this case I tested it with rekordbox timecode.
My iPad 10 IOS 17
You’d better have a mixer that has a built-in sound card, the CDJs will do the job of an analog turntable.

1 Like

Here’s a list of DVS compatible mixers for djay on iOS:

Hi @ndmind1, I have confirmed with the engineering team, that the CDJ1000s should work as long as you are connecting them to a DVS compatible mixer and you’re using a 1kHz timecode signal.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.