v5.0 Beat Sync deactivating when moving playhead before start of paused track?!

Hello!

I recently updated to v5.0 and have been loving the new additions, especially the fluid beatgrid and improved stems; however, I feel as if the new fluid beatgrid has adjusted how some things interact like the beat sync.

The main issue I’ve found is that when I activate sync on the track playing and sync on the upcoming, paused track…if I move the jog wheel and playhead before the technical “start” of the track, it deactivates the beat sync. It didn’t use to do this before the update and the way I mix, I line up the upcoming track on the far right of the screen so I can have it playing in sync for a good few seconds which gives me time to EQ, add FX or anything to make for a smoother transition.

I see that there is a setting under “sync mode” that says “exit sync on pause, scratch, or cue jump”. I feel like Algoriddim should add this extra situation i’ve described into that setting or make it a separate check box if for some reason people want that off / on but the others visa versa.

I did also feel like it might’ve been unsyncing when I was just moving the jog wheel around in the middle of the track as well, but it wasn’t every time, so I couldn’t really track what was actually doing it. It just felt like it was more than moving the playhead before the start of the track.

I would really love to see this feature implemented or restored. Thank you!

Hi @soundsbystive,

Can you please try to capture a video of this issue, upload it to your Dropbox/Google Drive, enable the necessary sharing permissions, and share a link to the file here? This will help me to communicate this to the dev team so they can try to reproduce it on their end. Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @soundsbystive, I’m following up on my question from 2 weeks ago. Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.