Vestax Spin no longer works with iPad

Ever since I upgraded to Djay pro my Vestax Spin Usb midi controller doesn’t work. It doesn’t recognize my iPad when it’s hooked up. I even purchased the extra hardware needed to get it running. Was working just fine until the upgrade to the Djay pro app. I’m searching for answers but can’t seem to get any. Does anyone know what’s going on?

Hi DeShaun Johnson,

could you tell us which extra hardware you are using for connecting the Spin?

Thank you in advance.
Cheers,
Lukas E.

Hi there,

thank you for your reply.

Have you checked if the switch at the back of the Spin is set to “Adapter”?

Cheers,
Lukas E.

Ok thank you. Could you please download “Midi Wrench” -a free app out of the App Store- and check if the Spin is sending midi signals?
Thank you.

Cheers,
Lukas E.

Hi there,

we are very sorry to hear that. If the controller is not sending midi signals to the iPad it sounds more like a hardware problem. Have you tried connecting the iPad via alternative cables to the Spin and serif midi signals are being transferred?

We know this is frustrating, but if there are still no transferred signals please contact the store where you purchased the Spin and see if they can help, our apologies.

Cheers,
Lukas E.

Hello and thank you for responding. I’m currently using a Apple Lightning to USB Camera Adapter to connect the Spin and IPad Mini together. At first for a few weeks it was doing fine. Then it just wasn’t working out the blue. I don’t know why.

Yes … I keep that switch on adapter at all times. Then when I go into the app itself… Open up the settings to see if the MiDi picked up a Signal from the Spin it says it’s not picking it up.

Hello my friend… Thanks for getting back to me… I went ahead and downloaded the Midi Wrench app like you told me. I connected the iPad to the Spin …first with just the Midi Wrench app running alone… And nothing took place . So I then turn off my Spin and then powered it back up …still nothing. Then I went ahead and opened the Djay Pro app to see if it’s scanning for Midi controller… Same results…Nothing . So am I doing something wrong?

I don’t know what happened but it looks like The Spin 1 really don’t work anymore with the Djay pro software… What ever it was that was done really messed up the whole flow of things. I really enjoyed my Spin too… It’s what I used to get a little practice in. It was actually fun and very convenient to use. It’s a sad situation…and I put in some money in to purchase the Spin 1 when it first was released… Smh… I sure hope the manufacturers come up with a solution soon. I’d hate to junk this Controller and move on to something else.

Yeah… I’m sorry too …I was loving this little controller too… Easy to move around … It was cool. I tried the hardware on a Mac computer and it worked just fine. Why it doesn’t work on my iPad … Beats the heck out of me. The little camera cord thing I used is brand new. Again…, it was working just fine then all of A sudden it stopped. I wish this thing had a hard reset button or something… Lol