Viewing decks 3 and 4 in 2-deck mode (pro/classic)

Hello, is there a way to display decks 3 and 4 in 2 deck mode (pro and classic)? The 4 deck view is very condensed and if for example I am using decks 1 and 3, there is no need to view decks 2 and 4 (especially in the 4 deck view). Thanks.

2 Likes

I am also interested in this. i would like to use the DVS feature using my DDJ-1000SRT (which only has support for DVS on decks 3 and 4). so i would like to display decks 3 and 4 in a 2 deck view mode. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hi @DOX29,

Thanks for posting to the community for the first time!

Currently, there is no way to only view specific decks in djay.

May I ask the use case as to why you are only using decks 3 and 4?

Looking forward to hearing back from you. Have a nice day!

Hi Nathaniel,

I start by using decks 1 and 2 and while they play I can go view decks 3 or 4 to prepare the next song and then mix it in with what is playing on decks 1/2. After that I can go back to view deck 1 or 2 to either play with effects or eject the track and prepare another song.

I know its possible to do this in 4 deck view but much more difficult since everything on screen is so condensed, especially with a 13 inch laptop screen.I am hoping Djay will eventually add is the option to toggle between decks 1 and 3 while in pro/classic view (and between decks 2 and 4). Serato has this function (see pics) by simply clicking on the 1 or 3 / 2 or 4 on screen. Better yet, you can even use your controller to do this so no need for using a mouse. Djay’s 4 deck view is useful but I really wish Djay added a similar option to toggle between decks in 2 deck view.

I bought a Denon Prime 4 partly because I wanted a 4 deck mixer but find myself going back to use Serato when I want to use 3 or 4 decks to remix or blend songs.

By the way, I’m really liking the update, especially the way we can link songs and even greatly appreciate the ability to add colors to songs. My songs were all sorted by color in Serato so I sometimes went back to Serato for this function but you guys have not only added colors but one upped by allowing us to create playlists and filters based on colors, which can’t be done on Serato. Great job.

Now just waiting/hoping to see the following 2 things from Djay Pro AI:

• 2 deck viewing of 3/4

• Denon Prime 4 touchscreen integration, even if it were just to be able to use the stems with the touchscreen, to easily turn on/off vocals, beats, etc…

Thanks again.

3 Likes

I don’t know how the 4 channel view is on macOS but using a 2 channel view and switching back and forth for 3/4 channel mixing seems pretty pointless. What do you need to see? I’m mixing 4 channels on an iPad even with the fx open I manage to be fine despite the tiny height of the waveforms. If anything the 4 channel view needs to be more flexible but this switching approach just seems like the wrong approach to me to the problem you face.

1 Like

Hi @DOX29,

Thank you very much for the clarification!

I will make sure to pass this feature request along to our dev team for further review.

Additionally, thank you for the kind feedback regarding our latest update. Have a good day!

1 Like

It would be cool to be able to have all four decks on screen at once with the pro style layout when using DJay on the iPad. 1/2 on top. 3/4 on the bottom.

Thanks for reaching out with your suggestion! I’ve moved your post to this already existing thread where we are tracking feedback related to this topic.

If possible, could you share more details on specifically what is it about Pro mode that you’re missing in 4 Decks mode currently? Thanks in advance!

The layout is more familiar to other dj software and I find myself doing double takes less while mixing in the pro layout than the 4 deck layout. The current 4 deck layout also does not display loop size or offer an option for horizontal waveforms.

A deck switching option that is mappable, would be the most useful implementation of this on the pro layout screen imho.

Thanks for the additional feedback! Much appreciated.

Regarding horizontal waveforms, you can switch between vertical and horizontal waveforms in 4-deck mode by using any of the waveform dropdown menus, as shown in the screenshot below:

Could you share also if using the Auto panel for looping while in 4-deck mode solves the issue of loop size for you (screenshot below)? Or were you looking for something else?

Thank you for the horizontal waveform setting info.

The auto loop window works, but id like to see both the loop value and beat jump value at the same time. I use both regularly and often concurrently.

Many thanks for the additional feedback! I’ll make sure our Development Team is aware of your suggestions. :pray:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.