Virtual Audio Cable Setup

NOTE: Please use the search function above before posting to avoid creating duplicate topics.

• Device model (Apple Mac Mini M2):
  • Version of operating system (e.g. macOS 14.4.1):
  • Version of djay (e.g. 5.1.2):
  • Hardware/controllers used (Numark Mixtrack Pro FX):

**Summary of the issue:When I use a virtual audio cable to route sound to another program, is slowly starts to disintegrate after around 45 minutes of play until the audio is completed choppy. The only way to clear up the sound is to restart the program. this is a problem for me because I DJ online and prefer the option of being able route the booth output to OBS and out from there. "I’ve tried different virtual audio cables and had the same issue with them all

**How to reproduce the issue:use the booth output to rout the audio to another program and let it run for an hr or more.

It would be nice for djay to have it’s own audio cable like Serato

When you say “another program”, have you tried the same procedure with something other than OBS?

I’m using Audio Hijack that works fine. Their latest version has a bug though, that disallows the capturing of specific devices of an app, so also the pre-cue output is getting captured and not appearing on the configured device. But their excellent customer service is working on that.

I don’t think it’s OBS. The first time it happened I restarted OBS and it was still doing it and that’s when I discovered it was djay. When I use Serato with the virtual cables I never have an issue and no other application using virtual cables has an issue. When I shut djay down and restart it, the problems clears but come back again after about an hr of use. Algoriddim needs to make a virtual cable like other profesional DJ software companies have.

Can it be used on a Mac?

Yes, I think exclusively. It is expensive though.
Actually, it is a bit over-kill for just a streaming interface, but I do use the extra capabilities to do post-processing with EQ and mild compression / auto-volume. You can add any Au or Vst plug-in into the chain.

Are you sure bit rate and what not are set correctly?

I try to bypass the interface when DJ’n online. I run everything through OBS so that I can add graphics/logos etc. the virtual cables provide a much stronger and cleaner signal. Works great when using Serato.

In short yes. It runs properly for about an hr then starts to glitch. So it’s not a bit rate problem.

Hi @DJKenJ, thanks for the details. I have forwarded this to the engineering team to see if they can reproduce the issue and offer any suggestions. I’ll report back when I have news. Thanks!

Hi @DJKenJ, this is not officially supported, but using a virtual audio cable on the booth out automatically creates an aggregate audio device. You can open Audio MIDI setup, select that aggregate audio device and enable drift correction for the virtual audio cable. I hope that helps. Thanks!

Hmm. Ok. I look at that. Are there any plans to create a virtual audio cable for djay? I know I’m not the only DJ that DJ’s online a lot and more DJ’s are starting to use them.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.