VU Meter LED Out Support in MIDI Learn Tool

Dear Algoriddim Dev Team,
Please add VU Meter midi out, so that all controllers can have their channel vu meters mapped.

Thank you!

Thanks for the suggestion @jefuqs. Iā€™ve sent this to the dev team for consideration. In the meantime, please use the blue Vote button at the top of this page so we can gauge user demand for this feature.

what would be the point of that?
Controllers, mixers have it own input/output level meters, or do you want to use a meter-bridge for?

@DJ-Z this is for controllers that are not natively supported. For users creating custom MIDI Mappings for unsupported hardware.

@Slak_Jaw um do you mean that, DJay not sending signal-level to unsupported controllers?

This is specifically for the VU meter LEDs. Yes, a signal is sent, but enabling the LEDs on the VU meter is not currently supported in the MIDI Learn tool.

1 Like

got itā€¦but thats annoying, isnā€™t? :grin:

Could you do it by direct coding it in the mapping file?
Like : outputs ā€¦ turntable3.monoMeter
As seen in multiple post, example : MIDI *output* mapping djay pro 2 - controller LEDs - #8 by TheRumbler

and

Yes, Iā€™m sure you could if you know what youā€™re doing within XML files, but we do not officially support this.

i understand. I will try to get the above code working on my Traktor Kontrol S5, and share if it works.

How i have it set up right now: when i move the channel fader on the Traktor Kontrol S5, the leds move with it. So closing / opening the fader is followed by the leds. So Djay Pro = communicating to the S5 via midi. Did that through the midfi learn tool. It looks kinda silly but a least the leds are not. ā€˜deadā€™ this way :wink:

1 Like

Nice! Looking forward to hearing how it all works out. Good luck!