Mixstream Pro Support

I would also like to express once again the desire to support the Mixstream Pro series, especially now that the Mixstream Pro Go has been released. Basically I like to work with Djay Pro AI and most of all I would like to see Djay Pro AI directly integrated into such a standalone device (“Djay Edition”). So you could prepare songs and playlists with the iPhone or iPad and also try them out on the mobile device already directly in the mix, synchronize the settings in the best case via the cloud with the controller and then start right away, as it is now possible with the new Rekordbox app and compatible devices. But maybe that is also a bit high … nevertheless, I believe that I am not alone with this desire.

2 Likes

hi
just bought a mixstream pro
any news about djay support?
regards

1 Like

Asking for Mixstream support as well . It is a wonderful machine and i think it can do amazing things with Djay under the hood

4 Likes

Any updates for Mixstream Pro support? C’mon folks, we need to keep voting for this to happen!

2 Likes

It would be good if something would arise, but I think that must also be supported by Numark itself. If you could use the controller with DJ Pro AI, that would be nice, but it would be really good only if the surface is also shown on the display of the controller accordingly.

1 Like

We need support for the Numark Mixstream Pro. Virtual Djay and Serato works with the Mixstream Pro and they both have stems. Can you please provide us with any information on how to integrate Djay AI with the Numark Mixstream Pro? Thank you.

2 Likes

Hello,

can you share an new link?

Thank you very much!

1 Like

Thanks for your interest in adding support for this hardware. I have logged this internally with the dev team. Please use the Vote button at the top right of this page so we can gauge user demand for this. Thanks again!

5 Likes

Please reupload kind sir.

2 Likes

Hi all,

For those making their own maps, I have successfully mapped the jog wheels and VU meters with my Mixstream Pro+. Just wanted to share the settings for those here.

Here are the jog wheel settings:

Notice the advanced control configuration for CC 77, it’s the same for both MIDI channels. Note A1 should just be set to the “Button” control type. CC 55 is not used.

And the VU meter requires adding the following to the XML:

<key>outputs</key>
	<array>
		<dict>
			<key>controlType</key>
			<string>control</string>
			<key>keyPath</key>
			<string>turntable1.monoMeter</string>
			<key>midiChannel</key>
			<integer>15</integer>
			<key>midiData</key>
			<integer>32</integer>
			<key>midiMaxValue</key>
			<real>66</real>
			<key>midiMessageType</key>
			<integer>3</integer>
			<key>midiMinValue</key>
			<real>13</real>
		</dict>
		<dict>
			<key>controlType</key>
			<string>control</string>
			<key>keyPath</key>
			<string>turntable2.monoMeter</string>
			<key>midiChannel</key>
			<integer>15</integer>
			<key>midiData</key>
			<integer>33</integer>
			<key>midiMaxValue</key>
			<real>66</real>
			<key>midiMessageType</key>
			<integer>3</integer>
			<key>midiMinValue</key>
			<real>13</real>
		</dict>
	</array>

Just place this key and array somewhere inside the root <dict>

3 Likes

whow you’re the king : i confirm this also works with the Prime Go controller !!!
you’ve just opened a new era with Djay and the Prime controllers , congrats!!!
(i’ve just tried the jogwheel settings, not yet the vu meters :slight_smile: )

1 Like

Can anyone please share any mapping file?
The first link not working.:confused:
Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Im waiting for midi mapping.

1 Like

Since Traktor Pro died I‘ve purchased a Mixstream Pro+

A native Mapping for this device would be shamashing. +1

Hello everyone it’s been a while now but I am finally allowed to upload my good old midi mapping. I haven’t used it in a while but at least I can upload it now for anyone to use. If something isn’t working please let me know and I’ll try to fix it asap.

Please refer to my post from June '22 as a reference guide of the mapping.

MIXSTREAM PRO.djayMidiMapping (25.0 KB)

3 Likes

Hi,
Could you please tell me what has been mapped and what still cant be mapped? Thanks

Hello @maurizio_T , nothing has changed from the explanation of the mapping posted back in June '22.
What cannot be mapped, as far as my knowledge goes, are the different options for the performance pads. Setting either hot cue, saved loop, auto loop or roll will not change the midi notes output of the underlying performance pads.
This issue could be avoided if djay pro could change behavior of the performance pads based on the selected option, therefore, if, for example note CC55 is performance pad 1 (which is not, I’m just using a random example), it should be interpreted as either HOT CUE A, SAVED LOOP A, AUTO LOOP A or ROLL A based on the selected option (I have no clue if Djay Pro AI allows such custom mapping natively).

I would say this is a huge limitation in MIDI mapping or at least, I feel like it is. I have tried solving this by my own but gave up, it is not really made clear anywhere, not even in the Midi Learn section if such mapping can be done or not. @NathanielAlgo @Slak_Jaw does the Midi Learn feature allow this type of “hybrid” mapping?

1 Like

Thanks for the reply, So that I understood correctly, when you press the Hot Cue, Loop and Roll buttons, there is no midi reaction for that?
Does the Bank button work?

Is there any way to use it with the Numark Mixstream Pro Go?

I saw the latest update on controller support excludes the Mixstream. Just adding my +1 for support here :crossed_fingers:t3: