What are recommended devices which work with djay and are USB 3.0/Thunderbolt compatible?

Unfortunately since upgrading my hardware to a MacBook Air Late 2012 model, I have lost the ability to DJ using the djay software and my audio interface (Numark DJ-IO) and am relegated to using the headphone port on the Mac to output sound which is sad and unfortunate to say the least.

As I now have found out that DJ-IO is not compatible with USB 3.0 (even though every USB 2.0 device on the planet is except audio interfaces it seems), I would like to know if Algoriddm has specific recommendations for a DJ who’s only choice of external connector are Thunderbolt or USB 3.0.

Basically what can we do about this? I love this software and really do not want to throw down a bunch of money on an audio interface that won’t work.

Ideally I’m interested in interfaces which would work specifically with DJ. (Spin2 seems interesting but that’s a little high of a price point and I’m unsure if it’s 100% compatible over USB 3)

Alternately, I’d be happy to know if the precue cable sold for iPads would work in a similar way on a MacBook Air. That would at least give me a stop gap to listen to mixes ahead of purchasing a brand new interface.

Thanks for any suggestions you can provide. And keep making awesome software. We’ll keep buying it. :slight_smile:

Hi Kenny,

Puuh, that’s a tough question. Unfortunately, I’m not familiar with what’s currently on the market and even less with which of them are USB 3.0 compatible.

I recommend going to the nearest (Apple) Store and testing the devices “on site”.

In any case, yes, djay 4 for Mac also supports Split Output.

By the way, Spin 2 was just recently released and I’d be surprised if it is incompatible with USB 3.0.