What do you think on the new Stem separation in Serato

Like Djay which is storing song metadata in a proprietary format as well. :slight_smile:
I think for Serato itā€™s more about licensing. Consider if we could access Stems from songs which are streamed from Tidal or Beatport.

1 Like

Yeah, makes sense ā€” good point! :ok_hand:t2:

1 Like

Who else wants to switch to SRT but find it hard to abandon DJAY

4 Likes

Is it available on iPad iOS?

Iā€™m not convinced. Even the devs say theyā€™re doing something special which is bleeped (scratched) out in the introduction video.

1 Like

Totally agree with this! Msot of the software of each company is quite usable. I believe that if DJay Focus on this, and itā€™s sound quality(like when you use key lock and slow or speed a track) to keep it or better it when compared to CDJā€™sā€¦then they can win. This from a long time Traktor user. Oh, and continuously pushing the pro adaptaion onto things like Ipads and phonesā€¦winner!

Virtual DJ took the 1st placeā€¦ WOW !

3 Likes

Good to see the continuing improvements. I suspect Algo is also working on the next genā€¦

2 Likes

i totally agree, Virtual definately stepped up hereā€¦
Hopefully we will see the same for Djayā€¦

1 Like

On a side note: the difference in primary audio quality between the different controllers (and software?) was pretty striking too IMHO.

2 Likes

I find Pro DJ to have a metallic sound which hopefully can be improved. Thst said, If we had this in the 90ā€™s then DJā€™s would have lost their mindsā€¦ so we need to realise we are in a great position, but equally it can improve. Lets hope algoriddim will release an improved. Version soon.

6 Likes

Hello,
ComplĆØtement dā€™accord avec toi !
Attendons une nouvelle MĆ J

English Translation:

Hello,
Completely agree with you!
We are waiting for a new update

What did you decide Durell??

OMGā€¦ I am on the fence too! I LOVE Djay proā€¦the match, library, fact that I can have more than ONE streaming service, but the STEMS are amazing, and I love the mashups, I can create; I just feel more confident mixing; I am not saying to exactly bit off Serato, but yeah, I love the 2nd row of the vocal echo out (which apparently can be done), but the instrumental echo out, drum echo out and instrumental brake out, are NICE.

Algoriddim, if you are listening, hopefully you can make it happen or link up with Stemverter or somethingā€¦ I have use djay pro forever and would love to keep it, but I am practicing on Serato for my next gigsā€¦

Well.

I went to the dark side. VirtualDJ

The Stems are crazy. As good as Serato. VDJ gives me the flexibility I needed.

Iā€™m really missing DJAY alot but I have to move on.

There are so many reasons why VDJ is better suited. If DJAY fixes stems then it will be major game re-changer for us DJAY lovers .

-Durell Teesdale

Virtual DJ is actually really awesome too! I just have to take the time to configure the stems; but if we can figure out thatā€¦ game changer.

Donā€™t sleep on VDJ, it works with EVERYTHING

Iā€™ll say this about DJAY. Something that a lot of people donā€™t admit is an impressive feature over everyone .

The layout and feel is the cleanest . For instance the waveforms ,gridlines and beat numbers are so clean and easy to see.

-Durell Teesdale

3 Likes

I am sooo torn, I am really trying to make DJAY work; I am reading the forums on a some similar stems, but I agree, DJAY has soo many great features with the layout, as you mentioned, and I love the algorithm on their match, as well as video/streaming services, etc; If they can figure out lighting and the stems stuffā€¦ mind blowN!

100% agree with this,it is by far the simplest djay software to use,
I do hope that they work on improving their Stem separation as from what I have heard VDJ has the cleanest in my opinion

2 Likes

Yeah it is tough, I can see that with VDJ, I definitely like the stems with Serato, but again, it is a comfort level, and the lack of multiple streaming services are a hit; still messing around with all 3.

I agree! Itā€™s better in Serato,