What file formats are supported for Djay Pro IOS

I’ve looked everywhere but I could not find a concise list of supported audio file formats. I want to use lossless like FLAC. What are all the file formats that are supported?

1 Like

Hi there all most all audio files are supported Wav, mp3 etc. why are you looking to use only lossless

1 Like

because lossless hasn’t lost anything

hey mainframe well despite apple music not supporting flac I’m happy to tell you Djay does

That is the obvious, however, when you’re playing at a function, besides the files, being extremely large, people don’t really care about lossless music. Rather use 320kbs MP3s

probably because they can carry around more, smaller files on their device without any drop in audio quality.

I think lossless make a significant difference if played on high-end audio systems. Even inexpensive mobile systems can benefit. People may not concisely know the difference but good quality sound can help a set. Data storage is dirt cheap. So why not lossless?

2 Likes

Hey folks,

Thanks for addressing this question here in the Community. Definitely a lively discussion :slight_smile:

Just writing to quickly confirm that all the mentioned formats should work, just be aware of DRM-protected files, along the lines of the information linked below:

Cheers!

even mp3s inventors and maintainers called it dead and over and obsolete and that was like 10 years ago.

-sorry for the formatting I’m on mobile-

Right? Data storage is so cheap now, why not get the best quality version available?

You don’t want the choke point, of your audio system to be limited by your audio file.

Even just casually listening to music, with a nice pair of headphones on (not Dre beats), sometimes I can tell a difference between quality lossy, and lossless audio when comparing the same track. Don’t get me wrong they both sound good, but why limit your experience. Head over to r/audiophile to nerd out on the subject.

But lossless audio matters exponentially more if you’re going to be using DJay’s built-in track/stem separation tool, Neural Mix.

With that you’re trying to split 1 track into 3 or 4 separate tracks in a sense.
So any data that is not there in the source -*ahem at you lossy audio files :face_with_raised_eyebrow: -is generated based on the algorithm…

When you start splitting and taking the vocal from one and the instrumental from the other, a mashup, which is really popular now, is when most people would notice a difference in quality during playback.

Try it for yourself download the same song in two formats , one lossy, and one lossless and listen to the isolated vocal track. Can you tell a difference?
I love doing mashups and remixes on the fly. So lossy is a deal breaker for me there.

2 Likes

Agree 100% on the improved quality of stems from lossless. I’m mostly using 44.1k 16 bit flac through DJPro these days and it works well.

1 Like