What kind of USB Cable to connect pioneer controller to an Ipad? Wecai is not availabe anymore

Hi,

I have a question. What kind of Cable can I use to connect my pioneer controller to an Ipad? I need a versions with additional power adapter like the Wecai usb cable. But the Wecai is not available anymore.

Does anybody knows a solution for this?

Kr,

Djj Fred

Have you tried to take a MIDI mapping for SB/RB made for Djay Pro on Mac and transfer it on the iOS device using the iTunes App Files transfer? Worked for me on many controllers that aren’t officially supported.

I’ve done some Djay Pro mapping’s which are publicly available , notably a very popular made for the Akai AMX. And when I transfer them with iTunes on my iOS device, they just work.

Happy to hear that the USB3 Camera kit does give enough power for both the iPhone and the SB/RB. Makes me think the new DDJ SB3 could be a nice option for my mobile setup. Be sure I will publish a mapping if I can get my hands on one of these.

Hi there,

thank you for your post.

Could you tell us which Pioneer Controller you want to connect with the iPad?

Thank you in advance.

Cheers,
Lukas E.

Hi there,

thank you for the follow up.

I am sorry to tell you but both controllers are not supported with djay for the iPad.
Please see all supported devices at our Hardware website:

http://www.algoriddim.com/hardware

Cheers,
Lukas E.

Hey there,

the DDJ RZ is not supported with djay2/djay Pro for iOS, you can find all supported controllers here:
http://www.algoriddim.com/hardware

Cheers,
Lukas E.

The controllers are not natively supporting iOS devices, therefore, we don’t support them as well.

Cheers,Lukas E.

Hi Thank you for your response!

I want to connect a Pioneer DDJ-SB2 or DDJ-RB. Yesterday I looked for a Webcai cable on the internet. But this one is not availble. A friend of mine got the cable and I tried it. But My Ipad is saying that there is unsufficient power for the controller or that the controller is taking too much energy.

Can you explain to mee how I can Run the DDJ-SB or DDJ-RB on a Ipad with Djay?

Thank you for your help!

Kr,

Djj Fred

Hi can you run a pioneer ddj rz with an iPad Pro ?

Nightmare , just smashed my laptop aswel

“I am sorry to tell you but both controllers are not supported with djay for the iPad.”

I’m interested about the “why”…

Bullshit, these are just generic midi devices, the only downside is power consumption which can be solved by different ways (powered usb-hub, or usb3 camera adapter)…

However, if i connect the SB2 to the iPad Pro with a USB3 Camera Adapter, it works as a sound device, the rest is up to you.

This is really useful, so as a sound device… would the DJ controller work with all its features on djay pro

Is the midi mapping the firmware??