What platforms is the Numark NS4FX supported on?

I’m going to buy a Numark NS4FX and I’m hoping to use it with DJay, but I’m a little confused with the DJay Supported Controllers page.
The NS4FX is only listed to be compatible with the Mac version of DJay, but not under Windows or even iOS, Can someone confirm wether or not it’s supported on Windows and iOS out of the box?

I can’t verify that, but if that’s what it says, I would assume that’s correct. There are a lot of devices that are not supported on all platforms that DJay Pro is available for.

Hey @3shoes @Chris_R ,

Thank you for discussing this topic here in the Community.

I can confirm that the Numark NS4FX is not currently supported by djay Pro AI on iOS or Windows.

However, I will pass along your request for this device to our developers for future consideration! I can share that our team is constantly working to make the various hardware on the market compatible with djay.

Cheers!

Hoping that you’ll add support for this controller especially on Windows. I’m forced to use Serato witht this controller for now, but I really would prefer coming back to DJay. Thanks for the reply!

1 Like

+1 I also just picked one of these up (NS4FX) and would like to use it with my iOS device, if possible. Thanks.

@3shoes this is now supported on the new djay Pro for Windows.

1 Like

@_nctr you can check the official hardware support list for iOS devices here. This device is not currently supported on iOS and is not in development either. I’m not 100% sure, but I suspect this device is not USB class compliant.

1 Like

Just as an update, I have tried and 95% of everything works right out of the box with the NS4FX for me with ipad 11 inch 3rd generation including the jog wheel displays. The only thing that does not work for me are the alternate “shift” pad modes (Pitch Play, Roll, Slicer, Scratch Bank). The primary pad modes (Cue, Auto Loop, Sample) are working. TBH, I forgot to try the primary Fader Cuts pad mode, so I am not 100 sure on that one. I’d rather try to assign that mode the instant FX at some point anyway. Either way, this is really just a Platinum FX (Supported) with two extra channels. Also, channels 3 and 4 do work on NS4FX as well.

1 Like

Thanks for the info @_nctr

Based on your post @_nctr, I purchased the NS4FX, and I am not disappointed, it works well.

I have used one of the pad mode on each deck for solo/mute each of the 4 Neural Mix channels.

As you pointed out, I wish I could use the SHIFT + pad mode to assign the neural mix, and maybe other functions, to keep the original pad modes as is.

After a controller restart, the scratch function button state (LED ON/OFF) does not reflect the selected function (scratch vs slow/fast), and I need to cycle them to ensure the button state is reflective of the selected mode.

Otherwise, I reassigned the rotary buttons for
Deck 3 and 4 for functions on deck 1 and 2, that works well too.

1 Like

I’m glad that worked out for you. That controller punches way above its weight for the price.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.