What video formats are supported on djay Pro 5.0.3 for macOS?

Only about ⅓ of my videos work with Djay Pro. Most of the ones that don’t work are MP4. They will play music but there is no picture.

I can’t find a comprehensive listing in the documentation, on the web site, or in this forum about which video formats are compatible.

This is a problem because even if I have to convert them to something, I don’t know what to convert them to. I don’t see any difference between the MP4s that play and those that don’t.

1 Like
1 Like

That’s iOS, not macOS. Are you saying the compatible formats are exactly the same?

Those file formats and video codecs are pretty standard on Apple products. I’ve mixed with them all in djay Pro macOS. Not sure if the the 30 fps and 1080p requirements are different on macOS

File formats: MOV, M4V, MP4
Codecs: H.264, MPEG-4

Notes:.

• personal preference is to use MP4/MPEG-4 video files and M4A/AAC for compatibility with Mac and iOS apps.
1 Like

I sent you a private message with some of the videos that seem to match the requirements but aren’t working for me. Could you please try them out and see if they are working for you?

1 Like

My library is 100% MP4’s.
In my years of using djay pro, i came across your issues afew times too and discovered the following:

1. Some MP4 download with th3 wrong codec. Most notably the VP9 google codec doesnt work. You will hear sound but no video shows. The file ironically would play well onnyour mac video player
  2. Some MP4s download at a higher resoliton than 1080P, for example, 2K, 4K, etc. These would not play in any dj softwares.
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.