When creating a new playlist, the track covers are not displayed.

Good morning to all of you.

I have some questions to ask regarding Djay Pro AI Mac version.

Is it normal that when I create a new Playlist in the songs the covers do not appear?

Can I transfer the Playlists created in Djay to Itunes?

I realized that when I happen to have a song with variable BPM, if I adjust the Beatgrid to one side, it moves me by putting it wrong on the rest of the song. Is there any way to fix it in blocks?

Sorry for all these questions. I thank you in advance for all your answers on this matter.

Hi @Sergio1,

Thanks for posting these questions in the Algoriddim Community.

I would like to find out more about your system, would you mind giving us the following information:

• What Mac are you using?
  • What macOS are you running?
  • What djay version are you using?
  • Where is your iTunes/Music library stored? Is it stored in an external drive? Do you only use this library?

Yes, you can export your My Collection library through the History section.

Regarding this part:

I think the song you are trying to adjust may have a couple of different tempos. This means that some regions of the song would have different beat-grids. This has been discussed previously in the Community here: https://community.algoriddim.com/t/edit-beat-grid-at-multiple-places/11483/11

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Thank you very much for your quick reply. I have installed Djay Pro AI on MacBook Pro 13 Mid 2012. MacOS Catalina version 10.15.7

Memory 16 GB

1TB internal SSD

Djay Pro AI version 3.1.6

My music is all stored in Itunes. It’s all stored in the MacBook’s internal SSD. I only use this library.

Forgive me but I can’t figure out how to transfer a Playlist created in Djay Pro AI to Itunes.

Is it normal that the songs I put in the new playlist made in Djay do not appear on the covers as you can see in the photo I have attached? Is it possible that I may have some problems in my Djay software? Many times I find it less responsive than Rekordbox 6 that I use to make the USB stick and this seems strange to me. I have always liked Djay a lot as a software and I’m sure it will get better and better with time.

I thank you in advance for all your answers on the matter.

Hey @Sergio1,

It’s not completely clear to me why the album covers are not showing in your My Collection library. We’ll investigate this issue you’ve been having and we’ll get back to you as soon as there’s more information about this. It would be interesting to know if other users are also having this issue.

Screenshot 2021-09-06 at 11.38.32
You can export a djay history playlist to iTunes by pressing on the export button above. I’m just realizing that this button is only there in the History section. Does that solve the trouble you’re having? If not, why do you want to create an iTunes playlist from within djay? We’d like to understand your workflow in order to better supply a solution.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Cheers, G

Hi Guillermo.
Thank you very much for your interest in my problem. I also understand that I have an older MacBook that should be replaced as soon as possible for better performance.

My workflow is simple. I use Itunes as a container for my music files. I make the Playlists from the Dj software directly because I need to know the BPM and the harmonic key of the song. I use two software as needed. Djay Pro is Rekordbox to make USB stick for CDJs. After making a playlist with Rekordbox I transfer it to Itunes so it is also available for Djay Pro. With Djay Pro I realized that I cannot make a playlist and then if necessary transfer it to Itunes. For my workflow it is very limiting.

I also took a look at the link you pointed out to me about the beatgrid. I totally agree that I must have the ability to manually correct the beat grid on tracks that require it. I hope it is implemented on the next updates.

I have to congratulate on the analysis of the songs. I analyzed 70s dance songs with excellent results in terms of BPM and beatgrid.

I would also like to have a different color of the beat grid, like that of Rekordbox in 3Band.

Forgive me for too many words. Djay has always had excellent merits unlike other software and I’m sure it will improve more and more over time.

Hi Guillermo.

Sorry if I’m bothering you again.

Is it normal that the volume of the metronome or set to maximum or minimum has no effect? The volume of the metronome always remains at a minimum volume which I cannot vary.

How can I solve?

I thank you.

Hi Sergio1,

Thanks for describing your workflow in more detail.

I’d like to point out that you have the ability to manually correct the beat grid on tracks by pressing on the little pencil icon on the waveforms window corner. :pencil2:

Do you still have missing album covers in My Collection playlists? Could you please upload one of your tracks here so we can have a closer look at one of them: Upload to Dropbox

Please note that this image is the looper volume and tempo, not the tempo of the track. In the single deck view, the track’s tempo fader can be found on the top right side of your screen.

Hope I could help. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Cheers, G

Hi Guillermo,

I thank you for your attention.

Unfortunately, the problem with the covers persists.

I also tried to do a clean installation of Djay Pro AI but the problem remains.

As for the manual correction with the pencil, I use it when I want a tighter and more precise grid but it corrects the whole grid of the song. In case I want to do a block grid correction this is not possible. I have many songs that there is no way to correct them like I do with Rekordbox.

I noticed that the image is the volume and tempo of the looper, I thought it was the metronome to use to time a song.

I send you the songs put in the playlist with Dropbox.

Thanks again.

Good morning Guillermo.

I also sent an email to you in time to try to solve the problems I have with this software without having received any response. Are you working on it?

Thanks in advance for your possible reply on the matter.

Good evening,
Is there any news on solving my software problems?

Hi @Sergio1,

I wrote you some time ago asking you to collect your Mac’s Console Logs. I’ve written you a new email with the steps to follow again.

If any other user is affected by this, make sure to comment below. If not, Sergio, let’s continue the conversation via email.

Hi Guillermo,

Unfortunately I haven’t received any emails, I would definitely have answered you.

How can I get in touch with you?

Good evening,

I just updated to the latest version 3.1.8 but unfortunately the problems I had are still there.

How can I solve?

Thanks in advance for any advice on this.

Hi @Sergio1,

We wrote you to the email address that starts with ˝sergioevangelista". I wrote you again last week. Please let us know if this is no longer your email address and write us to support@algoriddim.com.
We hope to get to the bottom of this soon. Our apologies for the confusion.

Good morning Guillermo.

I wrote you an email with my email addresses last night.

Thank you very much for your interest.

Good morning,
I just updated to the new version 3.1.9

Unfortunately my old problems remain.

Kindly how can I solve?

My two email addresses registered on your site are both functional.