Edit beat grid at multiple places

Because there’s a lot of songs these days that have echos, fake cold endings, etc. in the middle of the song, would be great if we’d be able to update the beat grid at multiple spots, so that the indicator for the bar starting can be correct when you’re getting to the end of the song and ready to mix out.

8 Likes

This would be awesome. In my case I have a lot of music where the beat grit change a lot Ofer the time of the song😫

1 Like

Hi,

Thank you for getting in touch and welcome to our new community!

Multiple beat grids per track are a nice feature in order to work with tracks with several static bpm values. We want to thank you for pointing this out and would like to encourage other users to share their feedback and push the topic.

5 Likes

That would be very helpful for me! For about 95% of my music, djay does an amazing job of automatically creating usable beatgrids (sometimes I have to edit BPM or set the grid start but that’s fine). In some cases, though, I will never be able to get the beat grid correctly. The most recent example of where I ran across this is the “Savage (Remix)” from Megan Thee Stallion & Beyoncé. After the first chorus (around 1:20), the beat suddenly “shifts” and then I’m left with an unaligned beat grid so I can choose to either have it correct in the beginning or after this.

This is really nicely visible in the new Neural Mix 3-pane. Over only four bars, the beat grid becomes unaligned and is then just lost.

The same thing applies to songs where the BPM changes drastically, of course.

2 Likes

+1 for this idea please

2 Likes

Also, sometimes there are 1-2 measure breaks right after the chorus, before the next verse. The beatgrid should be faded out during the breaks. It would make for easier mixing.

Please number your best grids!! Such a simple thing to miss

Could you please explain what this request (number the beat grit) means? How would it look inside the waveform? What is the benefit?
Thx in advance :pray:t4:

What I suppose should be possible to define when 4/4 changes to 2/4, 3/4 or even 5/4. It seems that it is quite common to have 2/4 “small break”. What it means that the 1st kick on beat 1 isn’t anymore in correct place and it sounds like beat has shifted. It hasn’t shifted, the song is like that: time signature is changed from 4/4 to something else in 1 bar or in several bars.

Ie. tt would nice if time signature changes can be detected or at least edited manually.

And I thought that this is all the way 4/4

2 Likes

God thx for this really good explanation. This was on the point :pray:t4::pray:t4::pray:t4:

1 Like

Thank you all for your feedback and thoughts on the topic. We hear you loud and clear and will keep you posted about news. Keep on upvoting :slight_smile:

4 Likes

+1 for this idea please @ . Put a tool that make an adjustment from the current position of cursor keeping the previous beatgrids unchanged… So we can change manually the incorrect beatgrid when it lost…

Any updates here? This is one of the highest-voted topics in „Suggestions“ after all :slight_smile:

+1000 and the possibility to adjust the grid (in addition to the slide option) as in Serato Pro.

3 Likes

Absolutely agree. I also contribute with +10000 and the ability to adjust the grid as in Rekordbox.

2 Likes

I would also like to vote this feature as well.
The majority of my music is 70’s 80’s Funk with live drummers so the ability to be able to adjust the beat grid in multiple parts of the track would be an immense help

2 Likes

+1.
Add me to the list for this requirement.
:heavy_plus_sign::one::arrow_up:

2 Likes

How do you edit the BPM?

Just click on the BPM field, then on the BPM tab and finally on the little pencil or on „Tap“ repeatedly according to the rhythm :slight_smile:

Alternatively if you know what the BPM is, you could follow the same process that djjoejoe pointed out but click on the “pencil” icon in the BPM bar and type in the BPM value that you believe it to be…