Why do cue points move to 5-8 position on DDJ 200

• Device model: Macbook Pro
  • Version of operating system: macOS14.5
  • Version of djay: 5.1.7
  • Hardware/controllers used: DDJ-200

Hi, I just started playing with djayPro on Mac and using DDJ-200.
I know it’s probably an easy fix but I couldn’t find any answers online.
I set 4 cue points for a song using the djayPro app on the computer in the 1-4 positions.
When I plug in the DDJ 200, those same cue points move to the 5-8 positions. Now the 1-4 buttons are for looping.
Is there a way to fix this?

Hi @yomtv773,

Thanks for sharing your post in our community!

Sorry to see that you’ve been experiencing this issue as of late.

We’ve passed this along to our engineering team for further review and will update this thread when we receive more information.

Have a nice day!

Hi @yomtv773,

Our engineering team has gotten back to us and shared the following information.

This is expected behavior from the DDJ-200 since the pads on the DDJ-200 don’t have any screen printing indicating what exactly they do.

For this reason, we have decided to dedicate the lower four pads to hot cues 1-4 while the upper four pads control looping since there is no other dedicated place to control loops on the device. This is a limitation of the small form factor, and we feel like this is the best use of the space on the device to provide maximum functionality.

If you’d like to change this behavior, you can use our MIDI Lean editor to tailor the controller’s behavior to your liking. I’ll include an FAQ for reference below.

Thanks for contacting me. I think I figured it out once I looked at the DDJ-200 mapping.

Have a great day.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.