Why might sync trigger when it's off?

iPad. Pro mode.
Deck 1 is playing. Sync off.
Manually cue in deck 2. Press cue jump and/or play and sync triggers changing bpm.

Checked settings, looks ok, but settings can be a bit - huh?

What might be causing this?

Thanks.

Hi @N_C,

1. It looks like you have Crossfader FX enabled (blue line through the center of the crossfader instead of white.
  2. If you expand the CFX menu and scroll down to the bottom under OPTIONS>Tempo Blend set this to OFF.

Ok, thank you, I would never have figured that out. I’ve tried to find Crossfader FX on help pages without any luck, I assume it’s the same as Crossfader Fusion? Maybe call it Crossfader Confusion? :slight_smile:

While I see the benefits of the features, also look pretty dangerous - as in WTF is happening? moments playing live - because there is a lack of clarity as to what mode you’re in.

There will also be a reason why this FX ‘switched on’ I’m not consciously aware of doing it. So that’s a problem. Makes me nervous.

Upon further investigation, I had a go at using Crossfader FX but without Tempo blend switched on, but it was still doing the tempo blend thing. Is this a bug? Is there a way to lock the BPM, so I can use FX without tempo blend?

Another thing I’ve noticed is when Crossfader FX is switched off you can still select an option, so its not clear whether it needs to be switched on or not for crossfader modes to work.

And another thing. After using crossfader FX, stopping tracks, play buttons not working, even after reloading tracks. Have to reboot. Is this a bug or am I doing something else wrong?

Fancy features are all well a and good, but if you can’t trust them, you can’t use them.

Hi @N_C, you’re welcome! Happy to help. Please navigate to the djay Settings>General, scroll down to the bottom and make sure Auto-Play When Moving Crossfader is OFF and you can also set the Sync Mode to OFF.

You can easily tell when CFX is enabled when the vertical line of the Crossfader is Blue instead of White.

CFX needs to be ON for it to do anything even if you have one of the FX selected.

Please confirm your specific version of iOS and version of djay?

Can you please try to capture a video of the issue, upload it to your Google Drive/Dropbox, enable sharing permissions, then share a link to the video here? Thanks!

It’s not consistent, but if it happens again I’ll give it a go. But I can only do so after the fact.

V 5.1.7. IOS (iPad) 17.5.1

1 Like

Thanks for the follow up @N_C. Please also provide specific details about your iPad. This will help the engineering team to replicate your issue and troubleshoot it further.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.