Widescreen GUI problem

• Device model (Mac Pro (2019):
  • Version of operating system (Ventura 13.6.7):
  • Version of djay (e.g. 5.2.3):

Summary of the issue:

I’ve got widescreen monitors and when I open the programme full screen I get this appearance. I know the programme is designed for mobile devices, but if it is released for desktop computers, it makes sense to modify the GUI a bit to work on computers.

It’s probably not a Bug. Most likely there is no support for widescreen monitors. :frowning:

This is DELL 3840x2160 U3821DW

As an example, I’ll show you what Traktor looks like:

This is what DJUCED looks like on a widescreen monitor.

It’s not so much that it isn’t designed to work on computers - it’s that some screen shapes/sizes are “non standard”, and it’s not easy to have a skeuomorphic GUI conform to every shape of monitor.

For instance, most web sites now are designed to be “responsive” i.e. they adjust the size and position of various text and graphic elements to fit the size and shape (landscape or portrait) of the screen.

However, a GUI that has skeuomorphic elements (in this case = knobs, buttons, platters etc) is more restricted because things have to retain their shape, size and position.

You can see from the images of Traktor and DJUCED that those elements look too small, and the rest (the vector based stuff) has been stretched to fit.

I think djay Pro uses mainly bitmap graphics, and I agree it needs addressing as even on my standard HD screen it looks low res and blurry.

For now I’d suggest to run djay Pro windowed rather than full screen.

2 Likes

Hi @Zirrex,

Thanks for sharing your feedback!

While djay is not currently designed to run in an ultra-wide fullscreen mode, we’ve passed this over to our engineering team as a feature request for further review.

Additionally, I’ve moved your topic from the Bug Reports category to the Suggestions category for community management purposes.

Thanks!