Will a power supply resolve my problems with the Vestax Spin 1 stopping while mixing?

Where can I buy one?

Hi Brian,

Is your Mac plugged in to a power source while your mixing? Is the Spin connected directly to your Mac? First, I would try using a different USB cable or port and see if that helps.

I’d try www.vestax.com or maybe even Amazon.com.

Hi Carl,

Are you also using the Spin as audio output? If yes, does the audio also stop?
Also, have you tried using a different USB cable or port?
Is your Mac Air plugged in to a power source?

Please contact the dealer or retailer where you bought the Spon 1 to get it checked. This sounds like a hardware problem.

Apple 2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo. 4GB SDRAM, running OSX 10.6.8 and djay 4.2.

Vestax Spin 1 unit connected via USB just stops working… only way to get it working again is to unplug and reconfigure. I saw someone else post that it may be due to the Spin 1 needing power due to pushing to much gain? can anyone confirm?

Yes, the Mac is plugged in and the Spin unit is connected directly to the Mac via USB. The issue has occurred on both USB ports. I will try a different USB cable. Where can I purchase a power supply?

I have the same problem. During gigs it happens that suddenly the Vestax Spin stops working at all. Only solution is to stop the music and switch the device on and off again.
This mainly happens when I use the EQ on the spin.

Set-Up: Macbook Air 1.3GHz running OS X 10.9.1 with Spin1 controller and direct USB connection

hi there,

anyone can help me?
i have a vestax spin 1 and its not working, only led red light is showing, nothing else i already try a different usb cable but still same. please help

hi there,

anyone can help me?
i have a vestax spin 1 and its not working, only led red light is showing, nothing else i already try a different usb cable but still same. please help