Will this iOS DVS setup work?

NOTE: Please use the search function above before posting to avoid creating duplicate topics.

• Device model iPhone 15 Pro:
  • Version of operating system iOS 17.5.1:
  • Version of djay (5.2.3):
  • Hardware/controllers used Reloop Mixtour:

Hi all,

I am investigating the best iOS DVS setup. I currently use the Reloop Mixtour, and love it. But I want to add turntables to the mix. I know that the Mixtour doesn’t have any inputs or a soundcard so what I am contemplating is:

• Two turntables (Reloop 7000 or Audio Technica 140)
  • One Allen & Heath Xone 23
  • The Mixtour to control load, effects etc.

For this to work I guess I need a soundcard. Does any of you have a recommendation for a suitable soundcard or can enlighten me what I need to be aware of when choosing one?

Currently I am looking at:

• Reloop Flux
  • NI Audio 6

Would this setup be possible with one of the above soundcards?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Hi @djfoxen, please refer to the linked FAQ below for a list of DVS-compatible mixers supported on iOS. I think this is probably your best option.

Note that the Reloop Flux is currently not supported by djay and several users have reported latency issues when trying to use this soundcard.

Regarding the NI Komplete Audio 6, you will need to confirm that it is USB Class Compliant first. Otherwise, it will not work with iOS as non-class compliant devices require drivers which are not supported on iOS. I hope that helps.

I think you could leave out the Allen&heath mixer to make it simpler.

You could use a soundcard like the Traktor Audio 6 as a sound input for DJAY for the DVS signal. Next you could use the mixtour as a controller/sound output.

DJAY supports using a different soundcard for the input than the output, so this should work. I did not test this in real life though as I do not own a mixtour. I do own a Traktor Audio 6 and can confirm it’s Class compliant and works with iOS and DJAY.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot @Slak_Jaw and @Kikeon for your help :pray:t2:

You’re welcome @djfoxen. Please report back here on how this all works out. Thanks!

1 Like

Hi Kikeon,

One more question: I can not find Traktor Audio 6 for sale anywhere. Is Komplete Audio 6 the same?

Komplete Audio 6 seem to be more focussed on production instead of dj use. It does not have phono inputs.
There are different versions of the Traktor Audio 6 though I noticed, there’s also a Traktor Scratch A6 which seem to be the same.

Alternatively I would look into the Reloop Flux you mentioned yourself. This one seems great for what it offers. I saw a video from Mojaxx that used in conjunction with DJAY. Be aware though that it’s not officially supported and I think I read someone who had some latency issues. Not sure if they are fixed/went away.

2 Likes