Windows vs Mac/IOS features parity.

First thing first old window vs new v5.4052 is night and day, but on the flip side MAC/IOS vs window is also night and day. When will the windows Djay Pro get the following features from the MAC/IOS.

The windows version is not the same as the mac OS and IOS version. Mac OS and IOS is way ahead of the windows version. That was the complaint from day one and still is to this day. Even the IOS version is more robust than the windows version which is just a travesty on algoriddim part as far as windows is concern. But the sub is the same cost in fact you can get the MAC/IOS version on a discount at about half the price as the windows sub. Really paying more for half a software.

Stuff still missing from windows version

• Smart Playlists, I haven’t seen them anywhere.
  • Track Match in the side panel exist, and i can use it with beatport, Soundcloud, etc. but not for my collection. I don’t use any streaming service for DJing all local files. So, this makes the software really unusable for me.
  • Option for Colored track tags doesn’t exist in my collection.
  • In Auto mix, Mac version have Neural Mix for transition, not on Windows.
  • And in Auto mix options menu, the length can be adjusted up to 32 bar, but in the Auto mix view it stops at 16 bar.
  • Crossfader Fusion™: elevate your mix and apply creative effects as you transition between tracks
  • Fluid Beat grid™: all-new, groundbreaking beat detection engine with support for tempo changes, automatic flexible grids,
  • All-new Neural Mix™ 2.0: a new standard in performance and sound quality (jointly developed with AudioShake)
  • Enhanced music library features including support for editing song metadata, ratings, and comments in My Collection and My Files (macOS only)
  • All-new stunning waveforms with crisp colors and updated overlays for beats, cue points, loops, downbeat anchors, and beats in negative time.

Are these features being worked on or are we going to abandon the windows users again like the first released? 2017 with only 3 or so minor updates that really didn’t fix anything until the latest version 5. This just feels like history repeating itself. MAC/IOS already got it and update already to address issues, but nothing for windows.

@Melbourne please update to the latest Windows version. Many of these things have already been implemented.

The new update was a great improvement. But some critical features are still missing for windows.

• Smart Playlists, I haven’t seen them anywhere.
  • Track Match in the side panel exist, and I can use it with beatport, Soundcloud, etc. but not for my collection or files. I don’t use any streaming service for DJing all local files. So, this makes the software really unusable for me right now. Still do a lot of testing. I even ask the developer of Lexicon DJ library management if it would be possible to export library from other DJ program to Djay Pro 5. He didn’t promise that it would be done but it would be looked at for consideration.
  • All-new Neural Mix™ 2.0: a new standard in performance and sound quality (jointly developed with AudioShake) (I know that this right now might be a MAC/IOS feature only. Would love for this to come to windows soon) The difference is a very big improvement over the original stems that is now present in windows Djay Pro 5.
  • Enhanced music library features including support for editing song metadata, ratings, and comments in My Collection and My Files
  • The ability to hide unwanted media library, as I said earlier. I have no need for streaming services in my collection.
  • As I mention in the beta testing the ability to read flac file comment field is still not fixed and the ability to sort by the comment field doesn’t work.
    Keep up the good work and keep the missing features coming.

As the reviewer at digital tools tips ask in this link.
Why Isn’t Algoriddim’s Djay Pro More Popular?

I have the same perception as you about things, since 2020 I switched to rekordbox on PC, because the DJ software for Windows is very bad, and after 4 years they ignored updating it. It would be great if they also gave a little love to their Windows community. For me, it is essential to be able to classify my songs with ratings and comments, but I don’t know why they don’t add it, or is it in the pro version? Because I also don’t see it.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.