Wow...Cue Points Carry!

So I’m sure you’re wondering what do I mean by “cue points carry.”

I think that DJay Pro is great, and continues to have potential. There are features that I’d like to see that are elsewhere and should be part of this one. I have focused this week on DJ music management, meaning getting serious with cue points and categorizing digital music. I usually do mainly vinyl, but me and my DJ crew. are getting more gigs now and I’m focusing on improving my DJ library management skills.

I love, love, love having my iPad with me, and then adding cue points to songs as I listen; just feels natural and convenient. I also use Serato DJ Pro, since that is what my crew uses and both my hardware can unlocked the full software. Because of this, I have decided to test putting the library onto an external SSD so that I have one library that I can use for both my iPad Pro and my MacBook Pro. Again, in DJay Pro, I tested out adding cue points to some songs. I then took SSD from the iPad and moved it over to my M1 Mac mini. I opened DJay Pro on the Mac, added the test folder, and when I loaded several of the cued tracks, the cue points were retained as expected.

I then was really curious to find out whether or not Serato DJ Pro could possibly read the cue points from DJay Pro. I opened the software, loaded the folder as a crate, dragged a few test tracks, and surprise…the cue points were retained there too! That was a pleasant surprise; I saw that it also retained the key and BPM info.

One thing I’m unsure of is whether that info would be lost if I were to analyze the tracks in Serato. I also would like to know that if I add and save loops in a song with DJay Pro, will those too be retained in Serato. Not sure; will have to try them out. Still, looks promising.
V.

1 Like

Welp, I just had a second look. While the cue points were maintained, the cue names weren’t. I did name those cue points, but they did not make it over to Serato. Not a deal breaker, but it would have been nice if they did.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.