Yet more crashing

I used my reloop mixon 4 last night with iPad and tidal, it crashed approx every hour or so and needed a complete reboot, it actually turned the iPad off completely leading to a dj set with multiple silences. Any news on why this is happening?

A power supply problem, perhaps, or a network connectivity issue? bad cable between ipad and interface? something needs a firmware/OS update?
We don’t really have enough information to go on from your post…have you seen other reports of this here?

No hardware issues at all, the cables are all fine, connections all fine, all software is up to date including the operating systems. It just won’t play a set for longer than just over an hour before it shuts everything down. This only happens while using the djay app, everything else runs fine and never has any issues. I use it mainly for the app and mixon connection so it’s not like there’s even a great deal on the iPad to clog any memory,

This used to happen to me quite some time ago but it was addressed with updates at the time…The app would just crash and shutdown after approx. 1/2 hr of playing but from memory it had to do something when using Key Lock and Sync…

I played a 6 hr set straight last Friday night without a hiccup, mainly using my own music in iTunes and the occasional Tidal track that l didn’t have and was asked to play…

This is with the Rane One and iPad 9th Gen…

2 Likes

Hey @Zil ,

Thanks for posting about this here and sorry to hear about what you experienced.

Please send us a message from inside your djay app, following these steps:

1. Open the Settings
  2. Scroll down to the Support section and tap “Contact Support”
  3. Include Attn: Cam_A in your message and/or reference to this Community thread

Thank you. I’ll be on the lookout for your next message!

Are you using the lightening connector on the Mixon 4? Both the Mixtour and Mixon4 hard crash my phone when using the controller’s built-in lightening connector. It does not crash my iPad Pro m1 (usb-c) when I use the regular (not lightening) usb midi port on the Mixon 4 or Mixtour (using a usb-c to midi dongle).

I haven’t tried the regular USB port with my phones as I don’t have a lightening to USB adapter but I suspect that might fix it. I would strongly suggest trying one.

I reported the issue to Reloop and they said it was a software problem. I reported the issue to Algoriddim and they said it was a hardware problem…But I could reproduce the hard crash on TWO different iPhones…so it certainly isn’t the apple device.

Last Saturday at a gig, Rellop Mixtour turned off 3 times even for 1 second. Djay continued to play normally but the volume shot up violently when the Mixtour turned on. I had this problem once in the beginning of August but I thought it would be something wrong connected but now after this has happened I’m starting to get worried because everyone is looking at me like I’m screwing up in the transitions. I’m scared because I have a gig next weekend and it’s going to be really bad if it happens to me again. Any help?

Sounds like a connection, hub or power cable issue to me. iPad?

Could it be… the club has recently changed the electrical installation and has lots of sockets connected to each other… could there be electricity spikes threatening the mixtour? the iPad is a 6 version

Maybe. I’d double check the cables first. Wiggle them a bit to check for internal connection probs. Also, what happens when you use the setup at home?

I honestly haven’t tried it at home yet, after it happened. but when training some transitions on other occasions it never happened. another detail is that it only happens after ± 1 hour / 1.30h of music being played.

Could be coincidence. Could be connections heating up. If you want to dig deeper I’d first try a longer session at home. And wiggle the cables. :wink:

1 Like