Ableton Link

Wouldn’t it be nice to sync djay with all those nice iOS drum machines?
Djay on the iPad and elastic drums on the iPhone all in sync. That would be great.
The sdk seems to be free and easy from Ableton.
https://www.ableton.com/en/link/
Plus it would be great for Ping Pong djay sessions.

Any official word from the company? Adding Link to both iOS and desktop versions would be killer!

Ableton Link is godsend! I wish I can one day put Djay Pro in my Ableton Link folder on my iPad so I can finaly use it alongside other apps !!

1 Like

Come on! Link is so important so Djay can be used alongside other apps!

Well it’s simple, when I do dj sets in clubs, I only choose apps I can sync with Ableton Link. At the end of the set I usually have people asking me what app I’m using… Algoriddim do you see where I’m going at ?

Yet another major feature in the list of most missed features when using Djay “Pro”:

• DVS support
  • External output/input routing
  • More advanced MIDI mapping on desktop and actual feature on iOS
  • Apple Music support
  • Ableton Link and/or send MIDI clock.

I was expecting them to tick at least one box per year but it looks like they are lagging behind, although the app looks to be quite a success and bring quite some revenue.

Growth crisis at Algoriddim?

We simply need it. Please do it.

+1

1 Like

The bigs boys have added this now (Serato two weeks ago and traktor today!)

. Don’t get left behind!

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Ableton Link Integration!.

Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please

Please

Another good reason is the possibility to have 2 iPads + Mixer setup with one deck on each iPad with big jogs and waveforms.

This is definitely something that should be implemented. It is a great (not to mention) easy way to set you guys ahead of the competition. You should really aim to be the first dj controller software to support ableton link.

Thanks for a response on yet another thread Lukas, you rock!

I love the Ableton Link idea. But working with Djay elastic gridding? Hmmmm, this is a big ask seeing they can’t even give is loops thatcan be recalled & quantised cue points etc etc etc etc yet.

Yes.

Dj player pro has ableton link. It works, but you need ‘sync’ to be on all the time. DJAY sync turns off every other second. That needs to be fixed first.

We’ve had to make substantial changes to djay Pro’s underlying sync engine to add support for Ableton Link on iOS. So it’ll require extensive testing and adjustments on the other platforms as well before we can officially support it on those platforms. We have it on our roadmap for Mac of course, I just can’t make any promises as to a date yet. Sorry for the wait on this and thanks for your understanding.

Please add Ableton Link. It’s a pretty basic feature that we need. I am using Remixvideo and would like to be able to link for BPM matching

I’ve switched to Tidal and Serato to get SoundSwitch integration, but as soon as you add Link to the desktop version I will switch back! Bonus points for SoundSwitch integration!!!

I don’t have a decent iPad and I can’t DJ without a keyboard and mouse anyway.

At long last!  I have moved to Serato, but I might have to move back for Spotify integration if the Link protocol works really well!!!