Add support for Denon Prime Go

You all need just remember couple of things:

2 companies are always involved

• if hw company i.e. Denon doesn’t allow integration, there’s nothing Algoriddim can do, just try to get the deal (like Denon might say as a bad example “if you do the integration we will see you in court”)

• if hw company doesn’t give enough support for integration, we will see as years long delay support from Algoriddim

Been there, done that, seen this in very big hw/sw company how product owners and business managers do these kind of decisions not allowing integrations happen in “decent time”.

And I’ve seen and heard so stupid reasons for not allowing integrations :crazy_face: :face_vomiting:

But as Laidback Luke dropped Denon, there’s something going on in that company.

4 Likes

Well, in this case Denon is not to blame. The Denon SDK does allow integration. Virtual DJ has full excellent support for the Prime Go:

1 Like

Yeah… is it free to use Denon SDK or do you need to pay for it like annual subscription fee?
If it’s expensive, how to cover up the yearly cost?

It seems that the SDK is locked and you need to have a deal from Denon to allow 3rd party sw’s to connect

4 Likes

I would love to have the Denon Prime Go supported. DJay Pro is awesome and would have an up on Serato Pro (not supported) and Virtual DJ Pro (too cumbersome and limited). Please give us this one; you will get lots of sales when you do.

Still waiting and hoping here

thanks to this post i succeed in mapping the Prime Go jogwheels with Djay !

so with some time we could at least create a full midi mapping for Djay. i could try this weekend.
but of course full native Djay support of the Prime Go would be awesome!

4 Likes

Losing faith on official support.
Can someone post their best/most successful mapping?
As a community we can perhaps help one another improve the support for the Prime GO.

3 Likes

hi
here is a beginning with basic functions working (jogwheels, eq)
i need to continue :slight_smile:
PRIME GO.djayMidiMapping (7.7 KB)

2 Likes

You are awesome! Fantastic work!

1 Like

Looks like this is going to be a bit tougher.
This mapping works pretty nice on iPad mini 6
Ipad Mini 6 requires camera power adapter
Barely (only play pause on M1 iPad 12.9
Ipad Pro 12.9 can plug directly usb C to B

Lots of work ahead… maybe multiple mappings based on device

PrimeGo djGeronimo.djayMidiMapping (18.1 KB)

Here are some more basic controls.
Anyone can help with jog wheels?

Working on Ipad Mini 6 and M1 Ipad 11 & 12.9 Pros
Looks like M2 ipad Pro’s require re-map of some controls

Lights i guess have zero chance until Algoriddim decides.

2 Likes

hi
i’ve just tried on my iPad pro and it’s true there are some differences for the jogwheels to work compared to the Mac version. Here it a setting which seems to work :

Note A1 : Deck 1 - Scratching mode - advanced type button
CC55 : Deck 1 - action : not defined
CC77 : Deck 1 - action scratch - advanced : type rotary (absolute value) - speed : 5% - Reaction : 150%

Tell me is it this also works for you
Regards

2 Likes

Hi
here is the DjGeronimo mapping file corrected for the jogwheels!
it works on my iPad Pro with the Prime Go
PrimeGo djGeronimo2.djayMidiMapping (17.4 KB)

regards

sorry
another version with an update : the vumeters now works on the Prime Go ! (although not linked to the faders, i don’t know why…)
regards
PrimeGo djGeronimo2.1.djayMidiMapping (18.2 KB)

1 Like

Superb work JiPenade

Anyone can help with buttons lights toggle?

Yeah… what official support :)) I feel like this is such an easy fix… like a copy paste thing… come on Algoriddim help us

This is really awesome! Thanks so much JiPenade! the last file that you posted works for Macbook pro and I only had to replace the tempo slider settings with the ones you made in the first file posted otherwise it was bouncing everywhere.

now the only buttons that don’t work are: Hot cue, loop, Roll and bank. Everything else works like a charm on Mackbook pro.

1 Like

Can someone that owns a mapped Denon Go tell me what exactly cant be mapped, besides the screens of course.

Thanks JiPenade. There’s a request for this over on the Engine DJ community. I’ve cross-referenced.
https://community.enginedj.com/t/prime-go-integration-to-algoriddim-djay-pro-ai/38662

1 Like