Add Scrolling Track Names in playlists, search results and loaded track

This has bugged me for years now, so I thought it was time to post it.

When searching for a track, looking through your playlists, or after a track has been loaded, it only displays so many characters and does not scroll the text. It’s particularly annoying when you’re scrolling through search results or your playlists where you may have different versions of the track, so you’re not able to easily see which is the right version/remix of the track to select, particularity with the different variations users label tracks, e.g. it might look something like this:

Track name here…
Track name here…
Track name here…

Where each one is a different remix, but you can’t tell which is the one you want, unless you happen to know the track length and/or BPM, as they’re the only unique identifiers under this circumstance.

An option to scroll the text would help, but could be annoying if it is was doing this all the time for all songs that meet the requirements, so how about making the track names scroll left and right using a finger swiping action to be able to read the entire track name.

3 Likes

Oh yes please, so easy and sugested so long by now… even in djay 2 already! Please make this happen!

3 Likes

Hi,

Thank you guys for pointing that out. I pushed the topic internally and it would be great if you and other users can upvote the topic as well.

1 Like

+1 vote for this! Yes Please.

3 Likes

+1 vote pour cette idée

2 Likes
  • 1 for this topic (no more votes left😉)
2 Likes

+1 support this.

Even more: Show the search result full screen. And not just in that little popup window.

4 Likes

It would be amazing to be able to change track names, and display checkboxes like - artist, title, time, scale, and more… because if the track name is too long it’s impossible to see it all today.

3 Likes

+1 here!
It would be great to see the full track names INCLUDING the remix names…

2 Likes

I have heard from a few users that would love to see some development around a solution for track names, search, scrolling text etc. Hopefully this can be upvoted to be considered…

1 Like

Are we ever going to get scrolling text for song titles/artists?

2 Likes

Hey @Ronnie_Stott ,

Thanks for writing about this here in the Community.

I went ahead and merged your post to this thread, since they’re addressing the same topic. Feel free to vote on this suggestion if you’d like to support it.

Have a nice day!

Can you make the font size the same as the artist so you can see more of the song title.
Also, why the 3 dots, obviously they let you know there Is something else missing, but you can’t see it. You could if it scrolled.

Why not scrap the three dots and put more letters.

5 Likes

Definitely a big vote for scrolling titles

Worth a look here as well:

1 Like

Hi @David_Bielby thank you for your suggestion!

This thread is similar to the thread I will link below:

Thank you to @MarkyPancake for linking it as well!

We are going to be merging the two threads to better manage this suggestion.

Have a great day!

Hopefully In future updates, this will get a look in…

1 Like

Yes please!

Can you please add this functionality asap?

1 Like

+1 vote
i see this topic is almost 4 years old.
it’s a shame.
i’ve used Djay for years and the issu hasd still not been dealt with.
on professional gigs, several times i put the wrong mix of a song because of this.
ALGORIDIM PEOPLE, please handle the problem ASAP

thanks

Mitch.L

2 Likes

OMG PLEASE can we add this, or have the ability to resize or even remove some of the track info to customize the library to our liking.

1 Like