📣 ANNOUNCEMENT: djay v5.2.1 for macOS/iOS/Android and v5.2.9761.0 on Windows Changelog

Hi everyone,

We’ve just released a new update for djay v5.2.X; please see our release notes below for more information.

NEW & IMPROVED

• New support for polyrhythmic loop lengths: added 3/2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 9, and 12 bar auto-loop MIDI actions
• Audio headroom: added 24 dB option
• My Collection/Queue/History: improved support for songs available in multiple logged in streaming services
• Loop adjust mode: blinking IN/OUT buttons while adjusting loops
• Hardware Mode UI: added ability to trigger automatic transitions when using internal mixer mode (iOS)
• Crates import: allow specifying import location, including from external disks (macOS)
• Smart playlists: support filtering by label (macOS)
• Minute markers and Automix regions: improved visibility in light mode (macOS)
• Missing file relinker: improved performance when relinking a large number of files (macOS)

FIXED

• Neural Mix: fixed vocal attenuation not working on some devices (iOS, Windows)
• Neural Mix EQ: fixed bass track not getting updated in some cases
• Media library: fixed searching and filtering by comments or composer
• MIDI mapping: fixed pickup mode not staying disabled when saving MIDI mapping
• UI: fixed tempo slider not movable by touch when pickup mode is active (iOS)
• UI: fixed direction of horizontal tempo faders (iOS)
• Media library: fixed cropped album covers in collection view (macOS)
• Keyboard shortcuts: fixed space key shortcut not working for some actions (macOS)
• Deck actions: fixed instant double action behavior (Windows, Android)
• Various bug fixes and improvements

HARDWARE IMPROVEMENTS

• RANE FOUR: added Neural Mix EQs via SHIFT + pre-cue (requires latest firmware), allow undoing stem split, fixed right deck sampler labels (macOS, Windows)
• DDJ-REV5: added stem split by pressing stems + stem button, added support for slip mode flashing, fixed auto loop button sometimes not working, support fixed auto loop lengths and fader start options (via DDJ-REV5 settings utility)
• DDJ-REV7: enabled Neural Mix EQs (requires latest firmware), added support for auto loop size set via DDJ-REV7 settings utility
• DDJ-FLX10: improved Color FX support (widened center off zone)
• DDJ-RX3: fixed LED feedback on pads after connection (macOS, Windows)
• DJM-A9: made mapping editable
• XDJ-RX2, XDJ-RX3, XDJ-XZ: fixed instant double by holding SYNC button (macOS, Windows)
• DN-SC2000: fixed instant double by holding SYNC button
• Mixtour Pro: fixed tool switching for hot cue and saved loop
• Mixon 8 Pro: mapped BPM tap button on FX unit, allow remapping hardware input muting
• Beatmix 4: fixed pitch fader direction
• Prime GO: fixed VU meters
• Xone:96: fixed mapping not working if controller MIDI channel is reconfigured
• Inpulse 500: fix deck pre-cue buttons when activating master pre-cue, fix pitch fader direction

Happy mixing!

6 Likes

Awesome update, great work.

4 Likes

Thank you!
I have did a quick test, works fine on Xone 96.
Just noted that, stop time not working as normal vinyl stops, even if I have set stop time to 5 mili sec, plate stop immediately if I hit the stop button on my turntable.

3 Likes

3 posts were split to a new topic: Can’t open djay on ARM

Hi @HeyMisterDJ,

I’m sorry to hear that, could you share the make, model, and specs of your ARM PC?

Thanks!

2 Likes

This is great news! :slight_smile:

Where do I find this setting ?

1 Like

I’m away from my main system today, but I’ll update to check out the new headroom setting within 24h…
Impressive: less than a month from request to release.

1 Like

“Hardware Mode UI: added ability to trigger automatic transitions when using internal mixer mode (iOS)”
What does this mean or how does it work?

5 Likes

Good question, I’d like to know too.

1 Like

“ New support for polyrhythmic loop lengths: added 3/2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 9, and 12 bar auto-loop MIDI actions”

How do I find this feature?

2 Likes

it is located in the midi
auto loop

2 Likes

Is there any document on how Serato Crates import works, for some reason my crates on external drive does not show up.

What does the 24 DB Headroom thing actually mean?

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: REV 5 Freezing Issue

This is simply another headroom level setting on top of the existing headroom levels in djay. Basically this is used to reduce the master audio output level to avoid clipping of the audio signal.

4 Likes

Hello dear friends!

I’m very happy to test this version more, I’ve already answered the other topic, let’s go.

1 - Excellent evolution in pitch, I noticed that the graph is moving faster along with the pitch.
2 - Please give me a way to activate the Volume Vu and Loop on my Kontrol Z2 mixer, it adjusted a mapping in which I can now play but I would appreciate it if the team could help me.
3 - Suggestion, I was unable to set the Adjustment % in the pitch for mixing on the turntables, in relative mode it is 8% analog.
4 - enable more decimal places in the BPM display, so more conservative DJs can be sure
beat adjustment x bpm.

In the rest, congratulations on the evolution, I can’t wait to be a subscriber to this program, I believe I have added some testers, if I can run my kontrol z2 with everything 100% I will be with you.

Thank you for the moment.

1 Like

djay 5.2.1 for Mac OS - High CPU and the dreaded Spinning Beach ball Bugs.

There is a HIGH CPU bug in this release on Mac M1 Max with Monterey 12.7.5
16inch, 2021
32 GB RAM

CPU is constantly at 89% and now and then over 107%

BEACH BALL Bug:

1. Enable the Tools icon and display the Two Decks with Jog and the Cues panel.
  2. Play a track with (colourful) cues set
  3. double-click to load the second deck.
    You will get the classic awful Apple spinning beach ball on a 32GB M1 Max laptop. Unreal.
    The CPU will sit at 91%.
  4. Click on any Cue to jump to it and you will also get the lassic awful Apple spinning beach ball.

Regards
Max

closes laptop and runs home to try the external HD files/folders

If you can see your serato crates/files from an external HD then oh my lord…

EDIT: will the capability to read/see files from Ext HD and serato crates ever be feasible/on the dev roadmap to be seen whilst using DJ on iOS? I’d absolutely love to be able to use my iPad Pro and see my serato crates and files via external HD. Super compact DJ system! Please make it happen… :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m still waiting for an answer to my question

1 Like