šŸ“£ ANNOUNCEMENT: djay v5.2.2 macOS/iOS/Android, v5.2.9914.0 Windows

I have waited for as each updates, but still DVS issue not fixed, and now worst than before. NOW unusable!

ā€¢ stop time 2sec, but stop immediately, ā€¢ DVS not precise as should be highly expected! ā€¢ from sorting, comments filter disappeared from iOS (I have worked on 5k song commenting now is not available)

I have to ask: Does it always do that? I have just spend two weeks of manually re-beatgridding and readjusting my whole collection because flexible grids and DnB donā€™t play well together. I really do not want Djay to mess it up again

I donā€™t think so.
I think you can ask it analyse a track manually - or it analyses on the fly if you try to load a track that hasnā€™t been analysed yet (or from Apple Music, for example). But if a track has already been analysed, then I donā€™t think it analyses it again when you load the track into a deck. Maybe @NathanielAlgo can confirm this?

Although @Armigo above says otherwiseā€¦ :man_shrugging:

Maybe the new Beat Detection algorithm does a better job with DnB in the new update? Might be worth testing it on one of your troublesome tracks? The release notes do specify ā€œImproved overall track BPMā€ - isnā€™t that what people complain about with Djay and DnB?

1 Like

Made a backup of my media library, metadata and djay 5.2.1 app and gave 5.2.2 a go. It does not automatically reanalyze, so my gridding work is safe :slight_smile:

As far as DnB goes - itā€™s not better, no. Itā€™s still way off when using the default dynamic beat grid. Constant grid is fine (there should be an option to make it default imo).

Unfortunately, DJay does not seem to understand DnB song structure (like, you know, a lot of humans :grin:), which often starts with an intro with little or no rhythmic elements, main part, break with little or no rhythmic elements, second main part etc. While a bit formulaic, this seems to be the choice of many producers recently, and Djay doesnā€™t like the rhythm-less parts one bit. I just gave it another try with the Pola & Bryson Remix of Mobyā€™s Porcelain, and 5.2.2 (as 5.2x before it) is off by a massive 48 beats (12 measures) at the point where the main part starts at 1:30ish minutes. (Djayā€™s dynamic grid detection thinks that the song bpm varies between 129 and 181 bpm, when it is in fact straight 176)

3 Likes

Such problem songs as the one you mentioned are those that i set bpm to ā€œContantā€.
Thank goodness it remembers the setting when you next load the same song again! I think in one of those earlier versions it didnā€™t.
I agree there should be a global setting to turn off altogether in case your library is full of dnb or problem tracks.
Part of what i do while setting my cues is looking problem tracks (because the bmp immediately changes as you click your cue point region and then u know is a problem. I then ser it to contamt bpm (or remember to never use sync on that song) :slight_smile:

Having the option to set straight BPM as your default would go a long way to resolving this.

But manually changing to straight BPM is not that arduous though, I would have thought?

2 Likes

True, it isnā€™t - unless you have to do it 6000+ Times when importing your whole library, or Like 50 Times in any given Weekend of new purchases. :grin:

1 Like

Hi Guys,
About the Rane Four -

Thank you for the filter knob and browser knob fix!! :pray:t2:

Sadly Instant FX on RANE FOUR doenst work yet.
You might have the names on the screen but the functions itself double as other functions as well.

When I assign a pad mode to a button,
then is shows empty.
Then i assign the pad buttons under the mode to do ā€œInstant FX 1ā€, 2 and so on.
And then when im in any other pad mode, it also activates the echo fx. when i press the hot cue it also activates the corrosponding Inst. FX.

Pleaseeeee helpp with thattttt

Thankssss

My solution to the griddng being off for some tracks is to use a separate app or device that has ableton LINK and just make it the first device connected to the network you are using and then adding djay. Then you sent the b on the first device, sync djay to that and you are good to.

Sorry for peeps that donā€™t use sync but Iā€™ve been asking for 30 years so about years ago I decided Iā€™ve earned it, especially when doing 4 tracks on any setup that doesnā€™t actually have 4 physical decks to use.

Life saver for those :wink:

DDJ-800: added support for FX section
Amazing!!! Thanks so much.

2 Likes

Youā€™re welcome @djSahid. Thanks for the feedback.

A post was split to a new topic: RANE Performer Jog Screen Issue

Okā€¦ just some feedback! Guys we are SO CLOSE to pulling me from Serato! Can we please get echo out on all stems via a handy check box in the options? Just make it as easy as ā€˜FX on Stem Disableā€™ or something like that. And also, the delay when disabling stems is rough. Can we please make this instant? And if Iā€™m asking I may as well ask for Soft Takeover like in Serato. So if youā€™re using Sync (like I do when doing big speed transitions!) let me hold shift so I can reposition the pitch fader without affecting the speed. Thatā€™s it!!! : )))))

1 Like

Hi @Scott1, thanks for the feedback. Please do a search for these suggestions and add your comments and vote for them there. If you donā€™t find any existing suggestions, please then create new ones for each so that I can pass them onto the dev team and other users can upvote them and we can track user demand. Thanks!

1 Like

Thanks @Slak_Jaw! Appreciate the response and all of the responses from the Algoriddim crew!

1 Like

Youā€™re welcome @Scott1. In general, it is best not to provide specific suggestions in these General Announcement posts as they can be easily missed or lost in the discussion. Thanks!

As I mentioned a lot. Where is the optimized search function for IOS?
Itā€™s horrible to sort tracks from latest to oldest.
It basically donā€™t work! And there is always appearing another window for the search. Why not search in the little search slot?? I donā€™t understand why itā€™s so complicated to program thisā€¦:roll_eyes:
Please fix this!

It makes no difference on my side to have this enabled or disabled or it this only working when a controller is connected?

1 Like

Hi,

What exactly where these better recommendations?

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Crashes with 5.2.2/5.2.3