šŸ“£ ANNOUNCEMENT: New Hardware Support Update

3 posts were split to a new topic: Device for Pre-cueing & Master Ouput on iPad

Thereā€™s a lot to love about these recent Roland decks, esp the 505 & 808 with built-in drum sequencer
because theyā€™re among very few decks that support 5-pin DIN MIDI out.

MIDI out makes it so easy to sync external gear for unique sounds and more hands on controls with outboard gear. Itā€™s really confusing that more mid to high level controllers donā€™t support this totally basic and super affordable interface so DJs can easily add their fav drum machines/synths/sequencers/etc.

Denon Prime series has Ableton Link. 5 pin DIN MIDI is a bit long in the tooth now. :smiley:

1 Like

Ableton Link is nifty, but is also perfectly useless with decades of gear though.

Also, itā€™s a cranky software solution often facilitated via flighty wireless connection. Itā€™s surprisingly solid but not totally reliable like hardware tech that may be crusty old but is pretty much always rock solid (which is why itā€™s still in use).

I remember seeing Ann article that mentioned a bunch of new mappings. Do we have an ETA yet? Do we know what controllers are being added?

Hi @Stevie_Ray, hereā€™s the topic you were looking for. In the future, please use search instead of creating new topics so we can keep this forum and the conversations organized. The dev team is getting closer, but we donā€™t have any specifics that we are ready to share just yet. Exciting things are coming, but we want to make sure we get everything right. Thanks for your patience.

1 Like

Letā€™s hope the Algoriddim team are ā€˜performingā€™ to their best ability :wink:

1 Like

Thanks @Slak_Jaw, I did use the search for a couple of keywords but couldnā€™t find it. Thanks for the update. Hopefully soon. I want to get new gear. lol

1 Like

Youā€™re welcome @Stevie_Ray

Lol. I see what you did thereā€¦ Well played :wink: