RANE FOUR DJAY pro

I think that is the question which we are all waiting for an answer for, besides the canned company answer of showing us the page of supported software. :face_with_hand_over_mouth::face_with_monocle::face_with_peeking_eye:

I’m using Serato with the Rane Four now patiently waiting for support. It’s been over a year and crickets from alogoriddim. If I use DJ Pro now it’s with the Pioneer Rev 1.

4 Likes

Hi! One more user of DJAY PRO that have a Rane Four… still waiting for mapping. I will pause my subcription because of this… please give support to Rane Four. :pray::pray::pray::pray:

6 Likes
6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

It seems that RANE FOUR support (macOS only) was just announced as part of the 5.2 update. I’m curious if this includes support for the jog screens. The hardware compatibility page hasn’t been updated yet, and there was no mention of it in the leaked footnotes. This contrasts with the DDJ-FLX10, which had a footnote stating the jog screens were not supported, and was just announced supported as well.

Edit: hardware compatibility page now updated, and seems to suggest the in-jog screens are supported. If this could be confirmed, that would be helpful! Still evaluating a replacement for the Reloop Mixon 8 I had to return.

1 Like

Hi everyone,

Hi everyone,

We’re happy to announce that in today’s v5.2 update for djay on Mac and Windows, the RANE FOUR is now supported.

For more information, please click the link below.

Happy mixing!

1 Like

This is awesome! Are you able to confirm the in-jog screens on the RANE FOUR are fully supported?

Looks like they are from what I’ve seen on you tube video on Mac

1 Like

Aha yes, I see that in this video at 2:41. Awesome!

I’m new to this software since its suppose to have the four support but only thing i can do is control the faders and crossfader. nothing else works. i have to load everything manually on screen. am i missing something? I’m on PC.

Hi @Stews_CustomFigures,

Sorry to read you’ve been experiencing this issue.

We’ve passed this along to our engineering team for further review.

In the mean time could you please share the following information with us?

1. What version of Windows are you using?
  2. What make/model Windows machine?
  3. Are there any additional details you can share?

Thanks!

2 Likes

cool. thank you for the reply.
I’m using Lenovo - Windows 11 12th gen i7 16gb ram - nvidia geforce rtx 3060. so far playing with this I managed to get the R-four to act like a standard mixer and can use my Rane 12’s in place of the controller functions. my Rane 12’s work just fine with the djay software, just wish i can get full control of the R-four. i figured out how to map a few buttons but that is a tedious task. i have the latest firmware on the four. my other 2 dj software’s work great with the controller and i wanted to give this software a shot.

figured out the problem. i plugged my four into my laptop and everything worked. plugged back into my pc to try and figure out whats different. i had to get rid of saved backup files and bam! it started working. playing around with it now and notice that not everything plays as described, so i need to get use to the functions of how it works with the controller. for example, the stem split for one doesn’t go back to channel 1 like it should, it stays on channel 3.the pads for stems only has 4 pad functions. i guess everything i come across i will need to do a custom map.

I have to say, this program is unusable to me on the four. the mapping seriously needs work. cant even use the scroll knob in a playlist i put together. and no mapping to do so. cant even export the playlist. this would be a great software for a touch screen computer or do everything using mouse clicks. not me. waste of money now. this probably wont get addressed until next year with an update.

1 Like

Stem Split does not disable.
EQ button does not work on Stems.

1 Like

Are the commands midi mappable?

Hi. I use a Rane Four. It works for 95%. What dosn’t work:

• Shift&Cue = EQ Button Neural Mix (Should work with new Firmware)
  • Sample Names in the small Displays on the right Side are wrong
  • Sampler to Channel 4 Button Don’t work
  • Split Stem Buttons can not be Disable

The Shift & Cue button gives you a Midi Feedback. But the EQ Knobs dont.

1 Like

Oh hopefully there’s a fix to that in a future update…
On the Rane One, approx. 95% of the buttons/dials are give a midi command,
The same with the Denon Prime Go