📣 ANNOUNCEMENT: Updates to djay, Neural Mix, and TIDAL!

Or maybe updated stems functionality for the Windows version :smiley:

4 Likes

That would be cool. Do you think windows is more challenging with all the drivers and what not? I’m not a windows expert but it does seem more challenging.

2 Likes

More likely that Algoriddim started out on IOS/MACOS and they likely did some historical choices which makes it difficult to develop natively cross-platform. 5.0 was indeed a big leap in the right direction, now it’s just a question about keeping that pace.

Could be very interesting to make a poll about the prefered platform if there was no technical constraints.

I’m crossing fingers for stems update for all platforms.

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure they are using specific Apple AI CPU functionality to speed up the algorithms. Under Windows this is harder because of the different CPU flavors.

3 Likes

Word. Hey man how you liking the Rane One?

2 Likes

Sorry for the delay everyone. The djay update to support TIDAL’s new DJ Extension add-on was submitted prior to April 10 and it should be rolling out to users soon (within the next few days).

9 Likes

Thanks for that, I wont be subscribing and might try Apple Music instead, No Stems doesn’t bother me too much as I might use Streaming services maybe 2% of the time

1 Like

I would think it’s more challenging without the ai chip.

I know that Intel Mac’s only give 80% stem quality co later to the M series Mac’s and ipads

2 Likes

On another note, are we going to be able to mix Tidal tracks and tracks from other sources in our My Collection playlists again and are we going to be able to load them on the deck at the same time as songs from other sources? (problem outlined here: Neural Mix and Tidal don’t work together anymore - #119 by gravitybass)

1 Like

You can do this now.

we were told app was submitted to Apple before the 10th, it’s now almost a week later. What is the delay? I am paying for DJ add on in tidal and not able to use it the way it is intended. Patient at first, this is getting to be too long. VDJ, serato have all updated (on the very first day) to support.

What’s interesting is that when I use a controller and have the neural EQ turned off on a tidal song, it will still sometimes work. I am not sure why, but the neural mix still applies from the previous song which was in the deck (previous song was not from tidal).

Either way the point is that it probably isn’t hard to just turn it back on….its been available before.

The ambiguity and delays with DJAY is really hurting its ability to be adapted. You guys need to scale up and get out of your own way!

2 Likes

I might be wrong @avi530 but I think Serato can directly update their software whereas Algoriddim need to go through the Apple app store (unlike other DJ software) so it’s probably a case of waiting on Apple’s verification process. They review software to make sure that it’s safe for iOS users to install, which is good from a user perspective but takes extra time compared to non-iOS software (and Android software?)

It’s frustrating for us, I’m sure it’s frustrating for Algoriddim, but it’s just one of those things. I’m sure the wait will be worth it :smiley:

2 Likes

That makes sense, but typically the Apple review process takes 24-48 hours… not a week

When I was beta testing for dj player pro we were told it was around a week. That was a few years ago though. If that is an accurate reflection then tomorrow or Thursday we should see something.

3 Likes

The lack of communication and transparency about this is really lame. This kind of thing is why more DJ’s don’t use DJay Pro. We need stability. Such a bummer because your software is so much better than the competition.

2 Likes

I think this criticism is a bit harsh.
Labelling this excellent piece of software because they are a bit behind on being able to use stems with Tidal is a bit of a stretch don’t you think?

As Dj’s we should all have our own music and rely on that first then rely on Streaming services second, We have seen how easily these Streaming services can drop out of Dj software in the past so that alone should be wake up call.

Streaming services should be a supplement to your library, not the main source…

Sorry for the rant but I see too many people criticise Djay for such small inconveniences, Yes sure criticise them when the software crashes unexpectedly but you must give them a break…

7 Likes

Why must I give them a break for not communicating to their users? Serato’s stems worked with tidal as soon as the dj version dropped

@allentastic,

3 Likes

@allentastic it’s been submitted and waiting for approval…

Hello everyone. djay 5.1.5 has completed the approval process. Depending on your region, it should be available now or very soon. Thanks again for your patience and sorry for the delay.

@avi530
@allentastic
@Deedot
@Metaphysical

3 Likes