šŸ“£ ANNOUNCEMENT: Updates to djay, Neural Mix, and TIDAL!

I might be wrong @avi530 but I think Serato can directly update their software whereas Algoriddim need to go through the Apple app store (unlike other DJ software) so itā€™s probably a case of waiting on Appleā€™s verification process. They review software to make sure that itā€™s safe for iOS users to install, which is good from a user perspective but takes extra time compared to non-iOS software (and Android software?)

Itā€™s frustrating for us, Iā€™m sure itā€™s frustrating for Algoriddim, but itā€™s just one of those things. Iā€™m sure the wait will be worth it :smiley:

2 Likes

That makes sense, but typically the Apple review process takes 24-48 hoursā€¦ not a week

When I was beta testing for dj player pro we were told it was around a week. That was a few years ago though. If that is an accurate reflection then tomorrow or Thursday we should see something.

3 Likes

The lack of communication and transparency about this is really lame. This kind of thing is why more DJā€™s donā€™t use DJay Pro. We need stability. Such a bummer because your software is so much better than the competition.

2 Likes

I think this criticism is a bit harsh.
Labelling this excellent piece of software because they are a bit behind on being able to use stems with Tidal is a bit of a stretch donā€™t you think?

As Djā€™s we should all have our own music and rely on that first then rely on Streaming services second, We have seen how easily these Streaming services can drop out of Dj software in the past so that alone should be wake up call.

Streaming services should be a supplement to your library, not the main sourceā€¦

Sorry for the rant but I see too many people criticise Djay for such small inconveniences, Yes sure criticise them when the software crashes unexpectedly but you must give them a breakā€¦

7 Likes

Why must I give them a break for not communicating to their users? Seratoā€™s stems worked with tidal as soon as the dj version dropped

@allentastic,

3 Likes

@allentastic itā€™s been submitted and waiting for approvalā€¦

Hello everyone. djay 5.1.5 has completed the approval process. Depending on your region, it should be available now or very soon. Thanks again for your patience and sorry for the delay.

@avi530
@allentastic
@Deedot
@Metaphysical

3 Likes

Very cool update. Love it :heart:

2 Likes

Thanks for the alert that the newupdate is here. Iā€™m happy to see tidal Stems support and it seems to be working well. Also great to see a lot of tidal songs have BPM metadata already available without need to analyze song.

1 Like

Hi everyone, we are releasing the v5.1.5 update today. Please see the topic below for more information!

Have a good day!

4 Likes

Hi @allentastic, just following up to ensure you got the news about the TIDAL update release.

1 Like

Hello everyone, weā€™ve discovered a bug with mp3 files loaded via ā€œLocal Musicā€ not loading properly in djay 5.1.5 for iOS. The engineering team has identified the issue and is already working on a fix. In the meantime, if you have an important gig coming up and rely on local music mp3 files, please hold off on updating to 5.1.5. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for understanding.

3 Likes

Sure did, it seems to work great so far! Sorry for being a Karen, I just really love this software and have been using Serato for the past couple of months and been miserable :frowning:

3 Likes

Hello again everyone. Weā€™ve submitted a 5.1.6 update for iOS only and requested an expedited review, which hopefully means the update will go live within the next couple of hours (it will be released automatically once it was approved). Thanks!

2 Likes

Hi,
We have exciting updates about djay, Neural Mix, and our partnership with TIDAL. While we canā€™t share specifics just yet, weā€™re working hard to enhance your experience. Stay tuned for more announcements soon. Happy mixing!
Thanks

3 Likes

This appears to be a previous statement, not sure the relevance for now?ā€¦.

Iā€™m just as confused as you :sweat_smile:

1 Like