Batch analysis of tracks

You can create a playlist with all tracks and let the automix work during the night or several days :slight_smile:

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
Have DJAY index my entire music collection.

Hi,

I’m not sure if this is already possible, but it would be absolutely fantastic if the DJAY application could run through my entire music collection calculating BPM values without user intervention.

This would really speed up access times when you’re doing a live set having just loaded a few hundred tracks to your device.

Cheers

D

Yes this is a great idea as it would save so much time. I had to turn auto DJ on for 5 days 24hours a day for it to do all my tracks :confused:
Not the best way to do it but it worked

Should be perfect!!! We are waiting for this new implementation!

Yes, it’s a necessary tool.
i would prefer to get this tool out of the box, like bpm-Analyzer from musicmeister.com
also nice would be to export and import the setted cuepoints from each tracks.
to get the same informations/data at the iPad Version or on the Desktopversion

i have seen, that the Analysis is now implemented in the DesktopVersion…now it works fine (BPM and Keynote anlaysis) but anyway maybe this tool out of the box would like be faster than run inside of Djay.

It is implemented since the previous minor update.
it works fine and very fast :slight_smile:

I think the most Users did not recognize it, where to find the Batch anlaysis.

Anyway next step would be find to transfer the analysis from the mac-version the ipad-version

great work till yet!!

look at the 2nd picture.
you see the meune-point “Library->Analyze”

http://help.algoriddim.com/customer/p…

it opens a window, where you can select one of your itunes-playlists or the itunes music-folder. if once of the tracks was analyzed before so it jump to the next unanalyzed track.

But the missing Step in Djay is to export the analyzed information the iPad/iPhone Version. So this is only for your Desktop/Laptop Djay Version available

i am totaly agree with you!
but i think on a iOS device it tooks to many time to analyze it, if your library is to big (+5000 tracks or more). i still preferr a computerbased standalone tool for analyzing. the possibility to transfer the analyzed data over iTunes is given (look at the App-Syncronisation folder at the buttom field…you will see a Djay Icon and the possibility to import or export data to this app). So i still hope that algoriddim will choose a way like this. The Computer is, at the moment, so much faster tha any portable tablett-device.

I have noticed that the waveforms are saved on the iPad as well, even though i have the icloud enabled. If for some reason (iOS upgrade etc) the app has to be reinstalled you would have to reanalyse the tracks all over again…

The automix can be non random now which helps a lot, but 1100 tracks (in my case) = 4 1/2 days of constantly running automix; I had to stop after 30 hours, the iPad was getting too hot

You, Sir are awesome !!!

definitely like this idea. maybe just put a little warning on it that tsays “process make take up to bla bla minute per song” or something and people wont care that it takes forever cuz i think its definitely worth waiting for however long it takes

Mr Richard is a genius… Even if this workaround isn’t perfect, it the best way to save a loooooooooooooot of time…

Hi guys! Do you want to know what I think that really miss in the Djay app?

The possibility in the settings section to analyze the entire library or a playlist or an artist.

Why implement this functionality?
Because it’s easier for me (and others I’m sure) to quickly have a precise view of all the BPM when they’re sorted by low to hight in the top of the list. Actually, it’s not the case because when it’ the first time you play a new track, Djay have to analyse it. It’s only after that the BPM appears in the list if you want to play this track again. Before, the BPM for this new track is invisible because not analyzed yet…
Not very practical if you are in a hurry.

Thanks in advance and good job.

BPM analyzing for all the library.

please add this feature, I have used auto play to analyze overnight, added with fader toggles whilst sitting with ipad, but an auto analyze mode would be much faster…

Hi Guys,

I have used most of the Djing apps available ,and all of them have batch analysis into them .Surprisingly you guys have not included it in your current version. I have moved to Traktor Dj as I have upgraded my ipad 2 to the 128GB Ipad 4 and I don’t have the patience to wait for all 10,000 plus songs to analyze…

I have just brought the new Djay 2 and it looks awesome,will try it out with my IDJ Pro

Hi

Please advise:

i added a playlist containing 400 songs on to my ipad.
Is there any way where the dj app can automatically sync all the BPM of the songs once the songs are added onto the ipad.

this is kind of annoying because i have to play each song to actually find the bpm
your assistance in this matter will be highly appreciated.

Automatic BPM Syncing.

Where do you find this batch analysis??