Batch analysis of tracks

make a playlist of the tracks without bpm in itunes then when you analyze click on box that says music and you should have a list of playlist to choose from instead of just using the music option . click on the up and down blue box next to music bro and you can find your playlist of tracks with no bpms .

hope this helps

I dont think I should have to BUY the new version just for one feature that should be in the app to begin with. I like the look of the new app and all but its not worth it to pay 3 bucks just for an auto analysis feature. I just doesnt make sense.

I can’t seem to find it on iPad 2 iOS 7.0.4, djay 2.2.2.

Thank you, found it.

Hi Niall,

the BPM values are not fed back to iTunes, can you tell us what you want to do with them in iTunes, maybe I can help.

Cheers,Lukas E.

Hi.great that djay finally has this BASIC features, but are the bpm values are actually fed back into the iTunes library now? Otherwise they’re virtually useless to someone who creates most playlists on Windows desktop! Thanks all

Hi. Thanks for reply Lucas. I’m simply wanting the BPMs I calculate in Deejay to be fed back into Itunes on Windows (the source of the music). My main library is much larger than my ipad can accommodate, so I need my main library to be as complete, accurate, and organised as possible (including BPM) so that I can then choose what tracks/playlists to sync to the ipad for playing live. Deejay is the best (only?) tool I’ve found to actually allow semi-automatic BPM calculations on the ipad/itunes, and using Deejay on the Ipad to fill in the BPM blanks in my main library would be invaluable whilst travelling - but if it won’t actually update the Itunes library, then it’s no benefit whatever - the info is just trapped on an island within Deejay! Isn’t the ipad music supposed to sync with Itunes?? Why doesn’t BPM go with it??

This is the way I handle new tracks

1. create automix of the tracks
  2. depending of the traks 20s-1min automix should work
  3. let the automix rolling
    => bpms/keys will be analyzed & stored to library
  4. fix bpm errors manually
  5. set cue points manually

Most of the time I use one player view for this.

To change the BPM, the BPM & tempo pop up can be opened from the deck BPM value field. See manual page 64.

well you tell everyone with dj pro 2 it is possible and even in your manual it says it is… but where do you describe how to analyse a local folder ?

not even in your manual ? see page 56 of the manual for windows :smiley:

#fakeNews!

Hi,

this is nearly what i did :wink: thanks. but how did you edit the bpm key manually ?

well i switched software completly … i had so many issues and furthermore the software keeps crashing… for no reason…

i am especially dissapointet in the support staff here. i have read so many post where they claimed “well we heard you and we will put it on our roadmap” but nothing happened… and those posts were more than a year old. then wenn the community wnated to have an update on the promised feature, pure silence.