Beatport tracks losing their waveform while playing (after new update)

same phone, same issue

1 Like

The only temporary work around I have found is to add the tracks to the Beatport offline locker first (if you have the profession membership). Then the tracks play fine all the way through.

However, I also have another bug, where djay completely crashes every time I add or remove tracks from my offline locker. So as you can imagine this is a VERY slow process to get multiple tracks into the offline locker.

Also has anyone noticed the Beatport library tab in djay takes a REALLY long time to load? It takes a little more than a full minute before the library loads. I do have over 800 tracks in my offline locker so maybe thatā€™s the reason for the long load time.

1 Like

Can we please get a response from Algorridim Staff on this? I submitted a ticket last week and there are several posts in the forums about this problem. So far there has been no response.

Thanks

1 Like

This impacted me too on Saturday 6 hours of preparing playlists and then the songs donā€™t load! I tried to download playlists and it kept crashing hugely frustrating ruined a party.

Cancelled beatport because of it.

Are these updates automatic?

1 Like

Iā€™m using iPad Air btw

Iā€™ve got the same problem, beatport has gone mad. I get about 1 minute of a track and then the waveform just goes off the screen. Itā€™s worse when I have 2 faders running, and as I play with a lot of loops faders are up a lotā€¦

2 Likes

Iā€™ve done some additional testing and can confirm that this problem does not exist on my MacBook Air M1 running djay 4.0 on macOS 11.5.2.

Same on Macbook witch is disappointing as i am DJ and even the offline locker is the same! Ā£35 ppm for my set to be messed up 45Min inā€¦ā€¦not good enough

The tracks look fine for those not testing them but when mixing and loading tracks the channel thats playing suddenly looses waveform

its dropping my offline locker tracks after a loading the next track! major issue when paying Ā£35 for Beatport and the DJay sub!! no issues with souncloud though

Hi All,

Sorry for the delayed response here - our Team is aware of this issue and is working on a resolution. Iā€™ll update you here with any news as it comes in! Thank you all for reporting this and thanks in advance for your patience.

5 Likes

Experiencing other problems related to the Mac version and Beatport too.

When trying to play some tracks (streaming) the whole app occasionally crashes and has to be force restarted.
This doesnā€™t happen when tracks are played from the offline locker.
Thereā€™s no pattern to this as far as I can tell and happens once every 10 tracks or so on average.

Unfortunatley another problem occursā€¦ After adding several tracks to the offline locker in a session to try and get around the crashing, I get an error saying my Mac is running out of application memory.
Iā€™ve the Macbook M1Pro 14" Macbook Pro with 16GB unified memory and 400GB free on the SSD, so this shouldnā€™t be happening.

Same problem with me since the last update, tracks via Beatport are losing waveform and audio. Using 4th gen iPad

@actsofblindness I had similar issues on my Mac when adding too many tracks to the offline locker at once. It seems like 10-20 at a time works best.

Edit: okay so it doesnā€™t seem to matter if the tracks are added to the offline locker in small batches or not. Eventually djay reaches some kind of limit, runs out of memory and crashes on my MacBook Air M1

I had similar issues when downloading to offline locker on iPad Air, it kept crashing.

Iā€™ve set up Tidal seems to be working ok for now

This has happened for me for both Beatport and Beatsource on an Ipad, my Iphone and to a lesser degree on my mac. This needs to be fixed as it makes the app unusable in a professional environment.

Itā€™s been over a week since this bug was reported and since I submitted my support ticket. Has anyone else submitted a ticket and heard from Algoriddim yet? This is clearly a widespread problem.

It would be nice to at least get some acknowledgment that you guys are aware of the issue and working on it. @Guillermo, @Emily, @NathanielAlgo can you please provide some feedback on this issue? Thank you.

1 Like

They, algoriddim and beatport are aware of the problem. Only the answer is that they are working to solve. My opinion: if a new version is not working, leave the old version and the user decide to go back to the previous version. Now, a lot of people cannot work with djay 4 due a lot of bugs

1 Like

Hi Emily
Any further updates?
For the time is taking its looking like a serious issue
Lots of us have gigs on weekends
Could you please give us some hope? : )
Thank you !

2 Likes