Beatport tracks losing their waveform while playing (after new update)

Team I’m having the same problem since 4.01 and it’s really annoying considering the previous version worked with no problems whatsoever. Is there any update as to when this will be resolved; I did pay for this and Beatport for a reason … as did others in this forum; two weeks is too long to wait!

1 Like

I have the same problem with 4.01. It started with the new update.
I thought the tracks losing the waveform while in the mix was something I was causing. After extensive troubleshooting with no change. Now reading the frustrated user posts. With very little communication from Algoriddim or Beatport regarding the bug. And no timeline or instruction to fix the problem. This makes me want to cancel algoriddim and Beatport. Ive been with Algoriddim from the beginning. It has improved over the years but losing Spotify and now the issues with streaming other sites has me unsure about my commitment to Djay Pro AI.

1 Like

It’s unfortunate that DJay pro can not be considered professional DJ software with real world performance issues at this level. Professional equipment needs to be %100 reallable. Especially when in a live performance situation.

1 Like

Happening to me as well. I am not a DJ and could not imagine having to deal with these issues which depend on your livelihoods. I’m just a user and it’s driving me bat shit crazy. Way too much money to spend on this bullshit.

Wow look at all these posts! I am having the same issue with losing waveform basically anytime two streaming tracks are playing.

This is not pro software anymore and the recent updates have made things worse, why are we paying annually for continuous updates when the updates don’t even address critical bugs like this.

Emily please have this Beatport issue and the Tidal Hifi issue looked at as a top priority. Myself and many others are finding DJAY increasingly unreliable and at the point of looking for alternatives.

Update/way around for djs with gigs this week end like me
I’ve tried Tydal and it’s solid as a rock
You get 15 days free
Annoying part is that you need to do new playlists from scratch and it’s obviously time consuming but at least you have something
Cheers guys and let’s keep on … hoping

Hi all,

Same problem here.
Was not nice to discover when starting a sunday after party session.

Luckely i always have a B solution, but was eagerly looking forward to play my new playlist from beatport, and then nothing works! Very
frustrating especially when you pay for beatport and online locker every month.

Pleas fix this problem, really beginning to consider to go back invest in pioneer and rekordbox system that also allow beatport streaming.

But would be a shame after being a true DJay user for many years. But like lot have already said, the new updates didn’t bring lot of good (first we loose spotify compatibility and now mor bugs with other stream platforms) and now after this sunday i got a big trust issue with this system and that doesn’t feel professional anymore.

Sincerely,

Anthony

DJAY crashes constantly on M1 Mac running latest OS and DJAY 4.0.1. This is easily reproducible and you don’t even have to play tracks to get the app to crash. Simply open up Beatport In DJAY and double click on a track to load it. Do this 4-5 times (sometimes more) and the app will crash with this error:

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x08dd579100000008 → 0xffffd79100000008 (possible pointer authentication failure)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000001, 0x08dd579100000008
Exception Note: EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

It’s quite obvious this version was not tested with Beatport. I have spoken with Beatport support and while they do know about this, it is not their issue. This is squarely on Algoriddim. I have submitted multiple reports and emailed DJAY support 4-5 times and I have not received a single response. I’d urge everyone to get their money back for Pro for this month. This issue has been ongoing for a week now and the app is completely unusable with Beatport.

The stuttering issue seems to be back as well, which I dealt with a versions ago, but then seemed to clear up and the Mac OS Pro AI has been rock solid until the latest update. Appreciate any feedback on that issue as well. Thanks!

Hi

Reported the problem on the first day, not one email other than the standard one pinged back, we pay a premium for this service for convenience and for me this has now been something I can cancel if they are unable to provide functionality- really not bothered with what has caused this, just need to rollback as it’s just not working - will cancel before renewal unless we have a update - never before paid for a service where it’s just not worked as described for more than 5 days - it’s now 10 with no contact - so disappointed in a product that I actually enjoyed seeing developing

Hi All,

Thanks for your continued patience while our Team is working on a fix for this. Very sorry for the inconvenience in the meantime. We should have an update on this within the week, and I’ll keep you updated here.

5 Likes

Thanks for the update Emily. Looking forward to having this fixed.

Yes thank you for the communication
Looking forward to the solution
Massive 60th birthday party gig on Saturday

I am running AI 4.1 in MBP 2012 8gb ram and over 50% hard drive space also iPhone XR and experiencing no problems with Beatport loading etc. I practice a few mixes on the phone then later switched over to laptop and all my tabs were there along with notes and all loaded just fine. It did take a while to load tho

Thank you. This also happens with Beatsource

Hi All,

We’ve released an update for djay Pro AI for iOS (version 4.0.2) that includes a fix for the playback issue with Beatport and Beatsource tracks. The update for Mac that fixes this issue should also be available shortly.

Please note, in order to provide a quicker fix for this playback issue, we had to temporarily disable the ability to edit playlists for these sources in djay. Our team is actively working on a proper fix for this that will re-enable playlist editing in a future update. We’ll keep you updated about that as it becomes available.

Thank you for your patience and ongoing support! :raised_hands:

6 Likes

Awesome news Emily thank you just in time for the week end
I will update and try it straight away

1 Like

Thanks for the update and fix @Emily

1 Like

Way to go Emily! Thanks for the fix!

1 Like

When the fix will
be available for Macos ? I have to deliver some
mixes and not able to proceed , it is just annoying really @Emily