Can’t Add Folders via Files App

Hello
I can’t import new folder or create new folder. I can just import song.
When i want import folder i don’t have open button or terminate button

Sorry for my english

3 Likes

I got the exact same problem. I cannot add a folder. With the previous version this was not a problem.

1 Like

I had the same issue. The change happened within hours of working as Djay updated to 5.0? I can not load any folders but I can load tracks which is annoying.

1 Like

Yes I have the same issue that I can’t add a linked folder. No open or ok button, just cancel button.

3 Likes

I have the same problem here!

Have the same issue… what a bummer.

I too have this issue. Has anyone got it resolved. I have updated to iOS djay 5.0.3 and still can not add folders

2 Likes

Same! Unfortunately we find this out 5 min before someones wedding ceremony!!:rage:

Any word on a fix???

1 Like

I also would like to add / import from a folder where I stored my collection.

Algoriddim have replied to my emails about this issue. Still can not add folders with latest iOS Djay 5.0.3 update. Other users have reported this but support are saying they can not reproduce this serious bug. Is anyone able to add folders with iOS Djay 5. If yes can you tell me what iOS operating system you are using. Thanks

Hi there. Same issue here. just got a new ipad 5th gen, using the latest Djay. Can’t for the life of me add folders, only files. When I go to add the folder everything in it is greyed out and I cant add anything. if anything changes I’ll be sure to update here.

Hello everyone. Sorry for the delay in responding.

1. I tested this myself with the latest iOS and djay Pro 5.0.3 and was also NOT able to reproduce the issue.
  2. Could one of you please try to capture a video of the issue, upload it to your Dropbox or Google Drive and share a link to the video here?
  3. This will help me to communicate the issue with the engineering team so they can try to determine the cause. Thanks!

Hello again everyone. We think this might be an iOS issue.

1. Can you please confirm you are running the latest iOS?
  2. Please also perform a Forced Restart of you iOS device to see if that fixes the issue? Thanks!
    Force restart iPad - Apple Support
    Force restart iPhone - Apple Support
  3. Can you also try to capture a video or screen shots of the missing Folder Add section? Thanks!

I did it and doesn’t worked.

@Slak_Jaw in the media browser there’s the djay collection. This collection has the ability to search & filter music. And then there’s the Files integration from iOS (in this case). While you can add / favorite a folder from a specific location, it doesn’t offer any filtering or search functionality. You also need to travel back and forth between the folder structure to load new tracks. This is really cumbersome and takes too much time to really get creative.

I would like to have the ability to select a folder to import from and then have djay managing the catalog.

Hello again everyone. I’m following up on my message from 2 weeks ago. We think this might be an iOS issue.

1. Can you please confirm you are running the latest iOS?
  2. Please also perform a Forced Restart of you iOS device to see if that fixes the issue? Thanks!
    Force restart iPad - Apple Support
    Force restart iPhone - Apple Support
  3. Can you also try to capture a video or screen shots of the missing Folder Add section? Thanks!

Slightly different issue, but on the iPhone and iPad I have both the add Files and Folders options.

On the MacBook though, there is a + button that only allows folders to be added from the Files app. There’s no option to add a single file unless you put it in a folder first……

I don’t use the MacBook much, so not a dealbreaker for me, but worth mentioning anyway.

:+1:t2:

Thanks for the info @sooteee. I’ll share this with the engineering team so they can include it in their investigation.

Hello everyone,

djay Pro 5.0.4 was just released. Please test and confirm that this has addressed your issue. Thanks.

Same thing happened to me but I was just going in for a corporate awards ceremony gig. Thank goodness for Tidal I guess.