Cannot load rack error (OSStatus error - 12178)

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to let you know that we are working on this issue. We have no news yet but please rest assured that we’ll do our best to find a solution as quickly as possible.

Hi Giambattista,

If your iDJ Live stopped working when you upgraded your iOS device to iOS 6, Numark has opened a dedicated portal on its site to assist you. Please visit www.numark.com/idjliveoffer. Your inquiry will be escalated Numark’s support team, and will generally receive a response within 72 hours (not including weekends or holidays).

Thanks for your tip: “this issue does not happen on songs that I’ve downloaded since before the ios 6.1 update. only in songs after”

I was finally able to reproduce the error in one of our test devices!

We’re really sorry for the inconvenience. Please believe that we were doing our best to find a solution as quickly as possible. Up until recently, we weren’t even able to reproduce the error on our test devices. This makes it almost impossible for us to “fix” the problem.
However, I’ve been able to get the same error on my iPad a few days ago. So, our developers are now on the right track. I’ll let you know as soon as I have any further news.

In the meantime, please convert your songs using iTunes. This issue seems to affect only songs with a bit rate of 320kb/s.

First off, thanks to everyone who helped us with the troubleshooting.

Unfortunately, this seems to be a bug in iOS 6.1 and is related to specific file types (e.g. songs with a bit rate of 320 kb/s). We’ve been able to reproduce the same error on different music apps including the standard “Music” app, albeit the resulting “symptoms” were different on each app (e.g. sound stops for a few secs).

However, our developers are looking for a workaround for this problem and we’ll be releasing an update shortly.

Hi Everyone,

You should all know that we can all feel your frustration. Our developers haven’t given up and we’re still looking for a workaround. We already found a way for djay to recover from this error but it is what it is:

This is a system bug in iOS 6.1. The best we can do is to look for a possible workaround.

Try the following with the Music app:

• choose two of the songs that are affected in djay (320 kb/s bit rate)
  • play the songs alternately (you don’t have to play it through, just a few secs)
  • at some point, you’ll notice that the sound will stop and resume after a few seconds

We are not blaming or pushing responsibilities on anyone. Fact remains, we’ve been able to reproduce the problem with the Music app and we filed a bug report. Believe me, that we would never make such claims lightly.

“It has been mentioned that tracks from beatport after iOS update don’t work. This is not case for me as I have not downloaded any after the update.”

This is not really relevant. Important is the filetype (or in this case the bit rate).

“When the error message appears and you hit OK. The turntable that worked no longer plays and the record just spins.”

This indeed is a problem in djay. As mentioned above, we already found a way for djay to recover from this error instead of freezing completely.

Nevertheless, all our loyal fans and supporters know that we never leave them hanging. We won’t rest until we’ve found a workaround or until this issue has been fixed otherwise.

I’ve encountered similar issues myself before too and it is actually related to this error.

So, basically what happens is this:

• an error leads to a “Media Services Reset”
  • djay cannot recover from this error
    -> turntables get stuck

Now, thanks to this “OSStatusError”, we’ve finally been able to find a way for djay to recover and resume its functionality.

I totally understand and we’re really sorry.
We are doing our best and I’ll keep you all posted here.

Thanks for confirming the workaround.

The important thing, as far as we know, is the song’s bit rate. So, AAC @ 256 kb/s should work.

No, we haven’t. :slight_smile:

Sorry, but converting the songs is currently the only 100% workaround.

Which format did you convert your songs to?

What makes you think that? I suggested to convert the songs to another format.

I’m sorry that this workaround seems to not help in your case. Have you tried restoring your iPad?

Also, what were your exact conversion settings? I know you used AAC Encoder, but what about bit rate, etc.?

We understand the frustration. But I can’t agree with what you’re saying. Our developers have worked hard to identify and localize the cause for this problem. We also already submitted a report for this iOS bug.

And as I also already mentioned, our developers have found a way for djay to recover from this problem, so that the app at least doesn’t freeze or crash.

I understand that you can’t see what’s happening behind the scenes, but I’ve already mentioned all of the above at least once in my previous posts.

It’s more of a one-way communication.

We can only submit bug report(s) and make sure to provide as much information as possible.

Hi Anthony,

did you just reinstall the app or did you restore your iPad?

Graeme,

our forum is entirely open to the public. No software is bug free and anyone can access our forum to see any current bugs and issues.

This bug only affects songs with 320 kb/s bit rate, so it’s not really surprising that our software works properly for other users.

However, this doesn’t mean that we’re abandoning you. If we find any other workaround besides converting the songs, I’ll let you know immediately.

I’m sorry you see it that way. You should probably know that there is no specific “person” that we can talk to directly about this. Submitting a bug report IS the best way to let them know about this issue. And although there is no direct communication, our experience shows that these reports do get addressed in a timely manner.

I can see that it can be perceived that way from the outside, considering that we can’t show you any tangible results from our work so far.

But trust me on this one: our developers belong to the hardest working people I’ve personally met. And as much pain as this issue is causing some of our loyal fans and supporters, we feel it even more so.

Hi MJ,

Can you please provide more information regarding your situation?

• Which iOS do you have on your iPad/iPhone?
  • Which djay version are you using now? Please specify the exact version number.
  • Are you using any external controllers/devices with djay?
  • What exactly happened when you played one of the affected tracks?

Thanks!

This problem is caused by a system bug. We cannot fix that on our side, unfortunately. But, we have high hopes for iOS 7 and that it will be fixed then.